Hi - newbie alert!

chicgeek,

sounds like you are doing really well. I was sceptical about the groups as well, but i have stuck with them, and try to stay to class. My main problem is that out of 20 odd people, i havent seen another bloke yet. But everybody is friendly, and the results have been good so far.

But you dont need me to tell you any of this, because it sounds as though you are doing very well anyway..

x

thankyou :) There is a guy in our class and he seems to be doing really well! Well done on taking the plunge though, I was scared, so I can only imagine what it would be like to be the only bloke in the room. Seems to be working for you though, you've done really well!

I seem to lose really slowly at first, then have one big loss a month and slow steady losses throughout the rest, with a gain now and again. How it was with ww anyway (which I never really got on with), so I'm interested to see if this plan is more consistent. It's really not as big a shock to the system as I expected - I don't eat a lot of food, in fact I probably don't eat enough at all, I just the wrong foods.

I was a little like that, i would eat reasonably well, but then eat the wrong foods some times, and the weight sort of crept up over a number of years, I am 38 now, and want to be in MUCH better shape by the time i am 40.

x

5 pounds is fabulous, bet you are over the moon!!!

x

yeah I'm pretty pleased. Had a little 'slip' with a small portion of chips, but I didn't stuff myself, I only ate what I wanted (which wasn't that much really) and I kept within my syns as I had none the day before in anticipation of a bit of piggle out on Weigh in day! I suppose in that sense, it's more of a treat than a slip :D

Yesterday, 8.5 sys (not sure on 3.0 of them, I had a little tiny tiny squeeze of soft cheese on a baked potato, but I'm going with the 28g figure just to be on the safe side). Got a free works night out tonight, so this will be a test - all finger foods and alcohol. I don't drink much - or rather, I fall over very easily, so will be taking it easy.

Thanks for the support, really appreciate it :)

Last edited:
A works night out is probably a challenge - I am meant to be going to a dinner party tonight (the ex is having the kids for a weekend, first time in ages...) - dreading it, not cos of the food, but cos it is one where being single makes me stick out like a sore thumb.....

x

Pah. I was reasonably well behaved on Friday - went a few over my Syns but on alcohol not food. Then behaved angelically the rest of the week and compensated by not having syns on other days so it evened out... yet today .... +0.5. Not very happy. I've been ill with a cold/flu for the last two days so I suppose I could be holding on to water (I'm not needing to go for a tinkle very often at all - sorry if that's TMI).

Still, when I did WW I could go weeks without a loss, despite being very well behaved, and then end up with 5-6lb in one week.

So a bit down tonight and disappointed, but I'm persevering. Hopefully I'll get a better result next week - although that is then star week!!

Welcome to SW and good luck with your weight loss.

I wouldnt be too disppointed, given the chips and the booze!!!!

Everything i read about these things says that weight loss is cyclical, and you should think in terms of 2 week cycles - across a 2 week period, if you stick to things, you WILL lose weight.

Sure you will lose this week.

x

c'mon, I had a few beers (4/5), two handfuls of chips (all within my syn allowance) and I went from -5 to .5? That's a big difference for something that wouldn't even weight 5lb if you laid it out in front of you :p

Seriously though, I'm not disappointed really, I'm ill and I agree that it doesn't always reflect week to week but it should come right in the end. Also, I've been abusing this body for years, so I can't suddenly expect it to say 'Oh, so you're eating healthily then now, forever this time is it?' and cast off any habits it's got into of storing fat/calories etc.

I also have to take into account that I'm eating an awful lot of (free) food, regularly throughout the day, wheras before I was lucky if I actually sat down to eat one meal, and would starve the whole day because I just never felt hungry. So my w/l is always going to be a bit erratic I think.

Thanks for the support though peeps x

I would be very surprised if you dont lose weight next week - i am probably not the right person to comment on thi, but i have heard that monthly cycles can affect weight loss too.

As a bloke, i obviously dont know this, but it would seem to make sense.

Now listen, dont mention chips again!!!!

x

Cow.

I would be very surprised if you dont lose weight next week - i am probably not the right person to comment on thi, but i have heard that monthly cycles can affect weight loss too.

As a bloke, i obviously dont know this, but it would seem to make sense.

Now listen, dont mention chips again!!!!

x

Another man :worthy: You seem to be having good losses there!

Welcome to all other new people too!

H Bomb, thank you sir. At 6ft6, you have to be a bloke too....

Your losses are equally impressive - must be doing something right...

absolutely - a loss is a loss....

Stick with it, missus..

x

Back