Hi - Newbie

Hi there. I went to my first SW session tonight and to be honest I'm feeling a little bit overwhelmed.

I was given the SW Food Optimising booklet and quickly told about the Extra Easy menu and how that would be the best. I was also weighed but didn't have any other measurements taken.

I don't know where to start. I've looked on the SW website and there are some recipes on there.

What would you guys suggest me doing?

Thanks,

Karen

Have a look through the food diaries hun for some inspiration or follow the 7 day plan on the website.
Please ring your consultant if you have any problems, it's tough to get your head around at first.
Welcome along and good luck. If you need any more info, just shout!

I agree with jaylou and Allie.
Good luck!

Thanks for your quick reply's.

I just really need to sit down and plan some recipe's for the week.

I normally have cereal and OJ for breakfast, a banana for snack at about 10ish in work. For lunch I have a yogurt, Go Ahead Bar and a couple of pieces of fruit. Then I come home from work and it all goes downhill. Cup of tea with two biscuits, tea can be anything from spag bol to pizza and a pud of cornetto or slice of cake. Then after the kids go to bed I pick at choccy. I don't drink through the week but more than make up for it on Sat night! My one big problem is that I'm not keen on cooking so making things from recipes is going to be a killer, but I have to do it as my bum is getting bigger and bigger, lol.

Hi there and welcome..the others have given some good advice. I would suggest having a look around the food diary section too just to give you some ideas. I love cooking, but never get the time to make anything fancy, so for me the food is quick yet within plan. I have a diary on here too.

Good luck with your journey.

x

When i first tried SW years ago, i read the book from cover to cover and carried it everywhere with me.
I would take a pen and circle all the food in the free food sections that you like and then do the same the with the Healthy Extra's.
While you are doing this, meal ideas will come to mind, for example on green day a jacket potato and beans, on a red day bacon and eggs.
This helped me and also will surprise you, but any questions just ask on here or ring your consultant everyone wants you to succeed.
Good Luck

Back