Hi there Dukaneers!

Saska

Silver Member
Apologies for not posting for a couple of weeks but I just wanted to get on with day to day life and forget that I was on a 'diet' so to speak.

Apart from one day when I had bad news which led to a white malteser attack (which lasted just 1 day and would have lasted longer if I'd not been Dukaneering) I have followed the cruise plan and the scales have shown a loss of 20 lbs from when I started on 21st May 2012.

OK... so not fast but a slow loss for me and I KNOW FOR SURE I'd have gained during this period had I not been on this plan! I've been away for a few days and eaten out with friends and family and stuck with it and hand on heart not one drop of alcohol has passed my lips during this time .

So, onwards and upwards and looking fwd to the next few lbs so I can reach a 2 stone goal.

Although I am doing this for me and not for anyone else, it would be nice if someone (besides my husband).. noticed my weight loss. Maybe they will as I keep losing..even if they don't, I feel good inside and my clothes feel loser which is also a nice feeling.

There is nothing we can do about this rotten 'summer' weather lol but we can make ourselves feel good inside and out and so good luck to everyone fighting the flab and tks to all for contributing to the tips and recipes!

Cheers, Saska x

I think 20lbs in that time is great - people will notice all of a sudden that you have lost weight - I had lost four stone, and admittedly I had alot to lose, before anyone noticed and then the compliments were non-stop!!! Now people are telling me to stop losing weight - now that is not a line I have heard before!!! Keep going gal - you will be at TW before you know......

20 lbs? I'm sure they've noticed. We just live in a pc world where people feel awkward mentioning these things, even when they are compliments.

Nice 2 meet u saska and well done for your results so far. I have such a weakness for maltesers, I'm just lucky I can't get them where I live!

SLOW - dont think so - eventually people will see past their noses and comment on your weight loss

Saska,
You are doing great. As Dukanista said, people are too PC to say anything. I'm down 28 lbs and I've only one comment about my weight.

About people not commenting on others' weight loss -- I have a theory :)

USUALLY when people lose weight, it doesn't last. They go off the diet and then put the weight back on. (Speaking of course from personal experience.) So when someone notices a weight loss, they tend not to comment because they half expect that next time they see you, you will have regained the weight!

However, the secret is *keeping on*. I'm now in my eighth month, and I have had only one stupid illegal day. About once a month I have a few drinks, but I make it a rare treat and I do my best not to overindulge. I'm now down about 50lb! Friends occasionally comment. And I love it when they do. My daughter and I attended a meeting a week or two ago and afterwards, she told me that the friend she was talking to afterwards "noticed" me and Jo said 'yes, it's good to see Mum getting fitter and more energetic'. The friend replied "Yes, she is looking good! Is she on a plan?" Jo said "Yes, the Dukan Diet. Have you heard of it?" Said friend looked sheepish and said "I've got the book!" haha!!

A few people I know have expressed interest and I have lent them my book, and given them my Word file summary, but so far the only one who has embraced it has been my daughter. She isn't very strict and messes around a fair bit but she is looking a lot slimmer anyway!

So even though you will get fewer compliments, when you do get them, they will be big, worthwhile ones!

wise words, Brenda. and nice to meet another global dukaneer! you are so close to 50 lbs - incredible!

as someone said in another post, people never say anything when you put on weight, so i guess we shouldn't really expect them to comment when we lose it! much more important to focus on the things that matter, like having clothes that fit again, feeling fitter and healthier, not hating the camera...

C

Only recently did a friend (who I'd not seen from my 7lb off mark until my 50lb off!) text to say she'd noticed a difference but didn't want to say in public! Was nice to hear afterwards...now just got to get back to the half-century after holidays! 1 pp done!

woo hoo well done, its nice to hear comments.

Everybody reacts different - ive had reactions from "wow you look amazing" "youre looking well" "god youve lost weight are you ill?" to a female relative who is same age as me who is large herself who hasnt said a thing!! One of the best must be tho the people ive not seen for ages that walk right past me without recognising me!!!

LOL, yeah its great. 20 yrs ago I lost 4 stone, and a girl that had been a temp in our office walked past me, I smiled but she didn't react. As she'd gone past me I heard 'God you've lost loads of weight' LOL was very pleased with myself.

Back