Hi there - new person on board

Leese1011

I just thought I would introduce myself. I'm Leese, and I started the Akins diet on Monday. Just searched an Atkins forum as I'm sure I could learn a few things while on the diet.
I'm looking to lose at least a stone and a half. I've tried to do diets before and never stuck to them. Although I did build myself up to start on the Atkins (I was a little dubious at first because I understood you only ate fatty stuff, but I bought myself 3 books on Atkins and now understand how it all works!), so far so good. Another issue for me was alcohol, which I think has definately contributed to my weight gain over the last few years. Getting home from work and settling down with a couple of glasses of wine, then drinking at the weekend has obvopisly caught up with me, so as well as starting the Atkins, I have promised myself to lay off the alcohol for 3 months, see how I'm doing with the weight loss, then see where my plan takes me.
Anyway, just a little bit about me, I shall look forward to getting to know some of you along the way.
Leese :)

welcome and good lck

Hi leese, welcome love. I hope it works for you, it does for most of us. :)

thanks both, I hope it works for me too, not expecting anything for the first week, just so I'm not disappointed on my weigh day next week!

Hi Leese, welcome and I hope you enjoy Atkins. For me, it doesn't seem much like a diet, just a few simple rules that you stick to and apart from that, eat like anyone else!

Warm welcome, Leese! And good luck to you as you start this amazing plan. We all love it.

welcome! sounds like you have a plan anyway, all the best for your first week. only done 3 weeks myself and i love it!

Welcome Leese! I am also sure your first week will shock you! x

Hi

Im starting tomorrow so im a newbie too. Fingers crossed we get off to a great start,

Hi and welcome. Drink has always been an issue for me! in fact even last week every night it was - but had lost a lb at WI yesterday still. going to be good this week though.

I must confess I had a couple of glasses of champagne yesterday for valentines day, feel guilty as hell today though!! But I did get through Friday and Saturday night without having a drink which is usually the challenge for me, so feeling very positive with the no drinking thing! I did weigh myself yesterday too and I've lost 4lb. Which at first I thought wasn't very good, but hubby pointed out to me to see it as 2 bags of sugar, so with that view I feel very motivated. I'm also going to add in some cv training at the gym, currently only doing resistance.

WOW 4lbs already thats fab :D

Great start Leesa. well done love.

Back