• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Hi there - new person on board

I just thought I would introduce myself. I'm Leese, and I started the Akins diet on Monday. Just searched an Atkins forum as I'm sure I could learn a few things while on the diet.
I'm looking to lose at least a stone and a half. I've tried to do diets before and never stuck to them. Although I did build myself up to start on the Atkins (I was a little dubious at first because I understood you only ate fatty stuff, but I bought myself 3 books on Atkins and now understand how it all works!), so far so good. Another issue for me was alcohol, which I think has definately contributed to my weight gain over the last few years. Getting home from work and settling down with a couple of glasses of wine, then drinking at the weekend has obvopisly caught up with me, so as well as starting the Atkins, I have promised myself to lay off the alcohol for 3 months, see how I'm doing with the weight loss, then see where my plan takes me.
Anyway, just a little bit about me, I shall look forward to getting to know some of you along the way.
Leese :)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 14st5lb C: 10st4lb G: 9st12lb BMI: 24.7 Loss: 4st1lb(28.36%)
welcome and good lck

S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
Hi leese, welcome love. I hope it works for you, it does for most of us. :)

S: 11st12lb C: 11st2lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 28.5 Loss: 0st10lb(6.02%)
Hi Leese, welcome and I hope you enjoy Atkins. For me, it doesn't seem much like a diet, just a few simple rules that you stick to and apart from that, eat like anyone else!

S: 11st2lb C: 10st4lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 24.7 Loss: 0st12lb(7.69%)
welcome! sounds like you have a plan anyway, all the best for your first week. only done 3 weeks myself and i love it!

S: 23st11.5lb C: 22st0.6lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 49.8 Loss: 1st10.9lb(7.47%)
Welcome Leese! I am also sure your first week will shock you! x

Welcome Andi. :)

LVLLM

Gold Member
C: 11st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 25.3
Hi and welcome. Drink has always been an issue for me! in fact even last week every night it was - but had lost a lb at WI yesterday still. going to be good this week though.

I must confess I had a couple of glasses of champagne yesterday for valentines day, feel guilty as hell today though!! But I did get through Friday and Saturday night without having a drink which is usually the challenge for me, so feeling very positive with the no drinking thing! I did weigh myself yesterday too and I've lost 4lb. Which at first I thought wasn't very good, but hubby pointed out to me to see it as 2 bags of sugar, so with that view I feel very motivated. I'm also going to add in some cv training at the gym, currently only doing resistance.

Great start Leesa. well done love.