Hi there!

Slumdog

Hello all, hit 40 last April and 20st in January - felt awful for it (especially after a chair collapsed under me at a New Years Eve dinner! It was cheap Asda rubbish but still!). Decided I had to do something serious or health, and what remained of my pride, was at big risk.

Discovered LighterLife and in 6 weeks have managed to shift 3st (42lbs)! That's an absolutely incredible amount of weight to lose in such a short period - I'm ridiculously happy. I do feel a little tired a lot of the time but that's the only side-effect and I believe a small price to pay for the results achieved so far.

Friends who have had weight issues all seem to have great success on low-carb eating after following Gary Taubes recommendations in 'The Diet Delusion'. I'm most of the way through his follow-up and easier to read book 'Why We Get Fat & What To Do About It' and am convinced low-carb is the future for me.

At the end of April, once I get to a healthy weight/BMI, I wish to transition from LighterLife packs to low-carb eating. If it's safe to do so I'd prefer to avoid the LighterLife management phase as now I'm putting my beliefs in the low-carb camp there are conflicts between the LighterLife philosophies and Gary Taubes'.

Hey and welcome to minis.

3 stone in 6 weeks is an incredible amount to lose, well done :D

Back