Hi there!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Slumdog, 16 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Slumdog

Slumdog New Member

Hello all, hit 40 last April and 20st in January - felt awful for it (especially after a chair collapsed under me at a New Years Eve dinner! It was cheap Asda rubbish but still!). Decided I had to do something serious or health, and what remained of my pride, was at big risk.

Discovered LighterLife and in 6 weeks have managed to shift 3st (42lbs)! That's an absolutely incredible amount of weight to lose in such a short period - I'm ridiculously happy. I do feel a little tired a lot of the time but that's the only side-effect and I believe a small price to pay for the results achieved so far.

Friends who have had weight issues all seem to have great success on low-carb eating after following Gary Taubes recommendations in 'The Diet Delusion'. I'm most of the way through his follow-up and easier to read book 'Why We Get Fat & What To Do About It' and am convinced low-carb is the future for me.

At the end of April, once I get to a healthy weight/BMI, I wish to transition from LighterLife packs to low-carb eating. If it's safe to do so I'd prefer to avoid the LighterLife management phase as now I'm putting my beliefs in the low-carb camp there are conflicts between the LighterLife philosophies and Gary Taubes'.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blue Butterfly

Blue Butterfly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(22.45%)
    Hey and welcome to minis.

3 stone in 6 weeks is an incredible amount to lose, well done :D

4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Congratulations on your losses

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.