Hi, who else is doing the old Weight Watchers points?

Weight Watchers and Myfitnesspal aren't linked! Sorry I should have made that clearer!!! MFP is a calorie tracker and fitness tracker. I track points and calories but the MFP App is good to follow as it tracks exercise and food to show you what you could achieve.

Hi rainbow mum,
I am kerry, I am starting tomorrow on the old plan I am nervous but know I have to do it. I went on holiday last week and was tight in the airplane seat and could not fit thru the door of the hotel shower. I was so down and ashamed of myself. I have found a great app if you have an iPhone; its called vinage points and works out the points to the old system and scans barcodes. Good luck to you and I am prayin we both can get through this long journey together.

kerry aka kkestral xx

I'm starting the discovery plan today. No real reason apart from the fact that I can't afford to rejoin WW to get the PP plan, and I've also heard bad things about PP, so I'd rather stick to Discovery.

Hi Rose Bud. I just browsed through your Weight Loss Journey thread. Isn't it funny how a lot of us gain weight the same way? I've never been skinny but I only gained a lot of weight when I went to university (around 6 stone) which I lost through WW. I've gained a couple back now and i'm doing the old plan at home. Going well so far.

Hi Loopy, how is it going for you?

Hi Rose Bud. I just browsed through your Weight Loss Journey thread. Isn't it funny how a lot of us gain weight the same way? I've never been skinny but I only gained a lot of weight when I went to university (around 6 stone) which I lost through WW. I've gained a couple back now and i'm doing the old plan at home. Going well so far.

Its crazy, it seems to be something that happens to a lot of people! One of my friends warned me before I started to beware of freshers pounds, as they call it..I wish I'd listened now! I can put on weight just by looking at something yummy, but losing it is so difficult!
Being in uni makes it hard to have willpower, doesn't it? "Come out, just for one drink!" "Here, have just one slice of pizza" type comments are half the reason I'm the size I am!

Hello!! Well week 1 of the old points and I lost a lousy pound!!! My own fault as had a wedding Friday then a party on Saturday so lots of alcohol was consumed!!! Then junk food was needed on Sunday to recover!!! I think if I didn't have a social life I'd be the size of a rake!!!!!!
How did you get on?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Rose Bud. For me at uni it was being away from home and buying my own food. It was full fat milk, butter, white bread, sugary pop.....oh and happy hour at the union!! A lot harder to lose now i'm in my thirties!!

Hi Loopy, had a night off saturday, drank rum and diet coke but lots of them!! I was pretty good sunday but I think I may not lose this week due to it, my body puts the weight on the week after if that makes sense? Oh well the sun is shining for now, better to make the most of it. Ive got a nice quiet weekend planned so hopefully I can be good but i've saved some points for some Rose in a beer garden this arvo!

Im on discover plan because i know it works and i have all the books etc, not tried pp but my mum did and only lost 1lb in 4 weeks so it put me off.

I've come back to Discover as i couldnt get on with PP. The extra 49 a week were a safety net i definately didnt need! Tried VLCD's and Slimfast but couldnt stick it with the shakes. Seems i like my grub too much *surprise eh* So back here to try and do it the right way this time. I have 30 points a day for now but am i right in thinking that each stone bracket equals 1 less point? For instance my start weight is 21st 1lb. Should be into the 20s next week so i'd drop to 29? Sorry if these seems like a daft question but its a while since i used the vintage points.

I've come back to Discover as i couldnt get on with PP. The extra 49 a week were a safety net i definately didnt need! Tried VLCD's and Slimfast but couldnt stick it with the shakes. Seems i like my grub too much *surprise eh* So back here to try and do it the right way this time. I have 30 points a day for now but am i right in thinking that each stone bracket equals 1 less point? For instance my start weight is 21st 1lb. Should be into the 20s next week so i'd drop to 29? Sorry if these seems like a daft question but its a while since i used the vintage points.

Welcome back to discovery! :)

Yep, when you move into a new stone you lose a point. There were times as I got closer to goal that I moved into a lower points bracket as a final push to get into the new stone.

Hi,
Im going back to the discover plan as on it I lost almost 3 stone and was so delighted. Ive gained 1 stone since (just had my first baby who is now 3 month old) so need to nip this in the bud now!

I've decided to do weight watchers because I really like the idea of a points based system. This version just seems a whole lot simpler to me and since i'm doing this completely on my own this system just appeals more to me.
I like the fact that it includes calories too bc i can add things up on my calorie counting app as well. Anyway its only 3 in the morning and my decision to start has been one of those late night ideas so later on today (because i'm going to go to sleep soon) will be my first actual day on it so we'll see how i do.

Hey all I am on my first week back on discovery. I previously lost 3.5 stones. Had my son- done PP and now heavier than when I was pregnant. I'm sticking to what I know best and I feel really in control.

I am starting back on old points on 2nd January. I got engaged just before Christmas and have set no solid dates yet but I have my closest cousins wedding on 3rd may so I am aiming to get to goal around then!!xx

Hi! I'm doing the old discovery plan as i didn't seem to lose much with the new one and i've had good results on discovery in previous years! It's been a while since i last did it and iv'e forgotten how to work out the points if you're having 2 of something! Do you just double up the points or x2 the cals and sat fat and work out the points for 2? If anyone can help i'd be really grateful!

Welcome back to discovery :)
I do both :) However, it's more accurate to do 2x calories and 2x satfats as sometimes something will work out to be just over or just under the points value i.e the points for a slice of bread might be 1.2 but it gets rounded down to 1, however the points for two slices of bread would be 2.4 and so would be rounded up to 2.5 (hope that makes sense).
How's it going so far?

Thank you! I was getting slightly confused and didn't want to go over my points allowance! It's going great so far thanks my willpower is very strong at the moment and i've also been trying to eat more healthy foods on it (instead of 2 pks crisps i'll have a handful of nuts) and i don't feel as hungry now! :) And i've joined the gym which helps looooads as now i dont sit in front of the tv and think about what i could eat next haha :) Although i don't get to go as much as i'd like to yet with working different shift patterns but once i get into it i'm gonna try and go when i can squeeze it in! You lost nearly a stone in 4 weeks! That's great! Have you found it easy? xx

Back