Hi y'all - yet another newbie looking for support

Hello everyone

well, obviously I'm new here and the tightness of my clothing and the fear of getting on those scales has had me look for a forum with the hope of support as I try to lose the weight ive gained.

5 years ago I became seriously ill, I have an auto-immune disorder and when I get I'll my body attacks itself and things can get pretty bad. In the last five years, 3 times the doctors have told my family the chances of my survival are minimal, but I am a fighter, the last time which was just a year a go, because I now have disabilities and am wheelchair bound the doctors asked my husband if baring in mind my quality of life he felt it was worth saving me again - can you believe that?!!! I was relieved my husband and I hadn't argued that day lol, because he of course said - SAVE HER! And save me they did and thankfully I'm still here today. I had a problem with eating for a long time (7 months) and had to be fed through an NG tube. It was dreadful, but at least I was alive. As I got better and had the NG tubing taking out I slowly started eating again. Taking things very slowly at first to where i m now where I just want to eat all of the time!

My lovely husband is a darling and tells me I should be happy to be eating and if I'm gaining weight - so what! He's just thankful we still have one another and I totally get what he's saying but I KNOW that food is becoming a problem for me. My clothes no longer slip on...they're squeezed into and before things start getting totally out of hand I am reaching out to you guys for help.

I Am am very honoured to have been asked to be my friends maid of honour at the end of July and the other bridesmaids are beautifully slim and gorgeous. I am very conscious of my wheelchair. I actually hate it, but there's nothing I can do about that. My weight, well, at the moment I hate that too and that I CAN have control over but I know I can't do this alone.

Im sorry for the saga of an intro, but I wanted you all to hopefully understand me a little as I embark to start my weight loss journey with hopefully some help and support from you all, as I hope too to be able to give back also to those who follow me wanting help also.

Hello Angel, I'm new here too. Just wanted to say hi and give you a friendly wave. I read what you said about your auto-immune disorder. I'm sorry to hear that. I also have an auto immune condition. Have you ever read anything by Joe Cross, he made really amazing video about nutrition and auto immune conditions. Google him! :)

Back