• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Hi...

Hi all,

I'm Toni, i was fairly slim until I hit 21 and then I managed to put 8 stone on over the next 8 years. But earlier this year my uncle died from a combination of diabetes and heart disease, he was only 60. It was a shock and gave me the kick I needed to really focus, I don't want to die at a young age.

So I've just restarted Slimming World using my old books (about 2yrs old), I can't afford to go to classes at the moment but I know I need to get working on the issue. But I really need the support you'd get from a class, so I did a search and found this forum, had a skim through and felt like I'd come home. It seems like a lovely, friendly and supportive place to be.

I started following the plan about 2 weeks ago and have already lost 6lbs, will be getting weighed tomorrow and am hoping to make it 1/2 stone.

I also just started running again, it's something I used to really enjoy but the bigger I got the less I wanted to run, as I just felt too fat and that everyone must be looking at me thinking "she's too fat to be running." Which I still think somewhere inside me, that's why I run at 6am when the park is empty. I'm sure people aren't thinking that in fact no-one probably even notices me but it's how I feel.

I've tried to lose weight in the past and got rid of some but then got bored with dieting and put back what I lost plus some extra. This time I'm determined to make it work, it's a change of lifestyle not just a diet.

Sorry, i went on more than I meant to there.

Hi.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Hi, I've literally just joined this site, and joined Slimming world last night. I was also on it 2 years ago, had some success, then gradually gained it all back, plus another 2 stone since then. So far, I think Slimming world is just the same as it used to be, but they now have something called Extra Easy - which combines all the free foods from both the original and green days. I'm following a 7 day eating plan from this for my first week. At first glance, it looks good but I might revert back to green days / red days - hoping for a good weight loss in my first week. Well done for losing 6lb so far though, its a bit harder when you dont have a class to attend, but its mind over matter - we can achieve anything if we put our minds to it (she says hopefully) Good luck! Gill

Isis

Ancient Egypt Nut!
Welcome to Minimins Toni and Gill :D:D:D

Nice to meet you both :)

Isis xx :)

Thanks all.

I like the sound of extra easy. Means you can have sheperds pie with lamb mince and beef lasagne. Very exciting. Will be giving that a go, I think it was in the last slimming world magazine.

hello and welcome, i've just joined the forum too. started sw 1 week ago and have been following extra easy, had my first weigh in yesterday, lost half a stone :)

good luck, you can do it, hope to see you around

hey and welcome :) i love your username x

hey and welcome :) i love your username x
Thanks. I use it whenever I sign up to a forum. It means a lot to me now.

Congrats on your amazing weightloss, you've done really well.

Well done Mel1981, 7lbs in your first week is fantastic.

thanks for the welcome Kristin1.

tafflass

Silver Member
hey wicca,
i have the newest slimming world books if you want them?
i no longer need them

hey wicca,
i have the newest slimming world books if you want them?
i no longer need them
Oh wow. That would be awesome if you're sure you don't need them?

hiya x
did you get my pm?
I don't have pm enabled yet (not enough posts yet), so I replied by email.

Its my name AT gmail

your very welcome :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary 13
Low Carb Diets 0
Members Only Diaries 2
Introductions 1
Introductions 0