Hi

Sammie G

Just thought i's say 'Hi' to everyone been looking at the site and you've all done fantastically well :)

I've been doing SW for 13 months now and to date I have lost 61lbs (4st 5lbs) -I love saying it in pounds it seems like loads.

I don't know what my start weight was I never look and I asked my consultant not to tell me until I felt ready, as yet I haven't set a target but personally I've still got a way to go.

Hi Bunnylush

Thanx hun :)

People keep telling me I look great but I can't see it, I think its because I spent so long looking at myself large and if truth be told I haven't upgraded my wardrobe so all my clothes look ridiculous and I suppose if I'm still wearing my large clothes i'm going to still see myself and feel large:S

Treat yourself to a couple of outfits,you needs something to give you a positive look on how well you've done. Maybe some leggings that will last a few sizes down and some tops? I can't wait to buy new jeans ,as all mine are too big now,but I don't want to spend yet on jeans. My leggings are all baggy! Winter will be fun at this rate lol,can't live in my maxi dress then! X

Hi Bunnylush my teenage daughter keeps telling me to go clothes shopping because apparently I look pathetic with my clothes hanging off me, but I'm sure thats more to do with the fact that SHE wants some new clothes ha ha :)

I've got a money box and every week after WI I put in whatever I've lost, I was going to use it for new clothes but now I've decided I'm going to put it towards a make-over for me and my daughter as I haven't got any pictures of us due to always running away from the camera :S

I will go out and buy some items though x x

Hi Youcanhumpmyleg

Thank you hun you've done fab yourself another few pounds and you've earned your 1 stone award well done keep it up x x

you've done fab Sammi - but I think you should really treat yourself to some new clothes, it really does make a difference to how you feel, I've not lost as much as you and sometimes still feel 'fat' but getting out an old pair of trousers I have in 4 sizes bigger than I am now really helps me to see what I have accomplished.

Hi RoobyC

I know what you mean about still feeling fat sometimes I look in the mirror and see myself as I was a year ago. I always had mirrors at shoulder height just for the purpose of putting on make-up now I have a full length one and it makes a lot of difference because I can't delude myself, also once a month I take photos in my underwear so I can follow my progress.

I really will treat myself to a few new outfits because now I actually have to wear belts to hold my clothes up lol :D

You've done great dropping FOUR dress sizes WELL DONE :D :D :D :D x x

Well done on your weight loss so far. I understand fully about still seeing the bigger you in the mirror, I have lost 27.5 lbs in 6 weeks and people are saying I look really good and they can see a big difference, I see nothing different, okay my work uniform is baggier but I don't feel any slimmer I still have a way to go but mentally I actually think this will be a harder journey than losing the weight. When I try and explain to people how I am feeling and thinking they look at me and say that they don't understand what I mean. I just wish someone understood that I have been big all my life and I cannot just feel slimmer as the weight drops off I have to adjust mentally. You are all probably thinking I am mad but honestly I'm not....

Hi

Firstly I did go and buy some new clothes but as I HATE changing rooms I bought what I thought would fit me - big mistake - they are too big I got a funny fluttering in my stomach when I first put them on because they were too big.

Thank you to Snoop704 (Dorothy) and to Zilla I know exactly what you mean about having to change mentally, I have said the same thing when people tell me 'OMG you've lost loads of weight you look really good' 1)why didn't these people tell me I was overweight? 2)when I was overweight did I not look good? and 3)do they think their positive comments actually make me feel good because they don't they tend to offend and yet friends and family think I should be grateful.

I'm sorry I sound selfish and ungrateful I don't mean to but I can still see the bits that need work and I tend to think people are taking the mick :(

I haven't always been big, I was an athlete (200 & 400 m sprinter) in my teenage years so was always training, then I had my daughter and my lifestyle changed, the worst comment I've had so far is 'you've lost a lot of weight but I don't think you'd look good if you lost anymore it wouldn't suit you' WHAT ? ?.

I say congratulations to us all ladies (and gents) for taking this step and we need to listen to ourselves.

Sammie x x

Thanks sammie you get where I am coming from, people can be so cruel a "friend" told me the other day that it's great I am finally doing something about my weight, after last weeks weigh in she asked how I had done and then said oh well you still have a longgggggggg way to go. Do people lie awake at night thinking of ways to destroy my self confidence, to the outside world I am a bubbly character it's 80% show. The REAL me is sooooooooo close too tears every day and I am trying to loose this weight for me that's why I know this time I will suceed. In the past I have tried to loose the weight because I got fed up of people saying I was fat not because I wanted to loose it, even though I was overweight. It has to be for the right reasons in order to suceed. I just wish people understood me more to be honest I have given up trying to explain how I feel and pretend mainly that I feel wonderful about the weight coming off-I am thrilled at the weight coming off- bloody hell I have worked hard enough to loose it Ijust need my mind to get with the program and then I will be sorted......why do my posts alwys seem dead long and moaning....sorry didn't mean it to be but when I start sometimes I find it hard to stop..I may start my own diary thread then I can have a moan everyday and if people want to read it they can and if not at least I will have somewhere to moan away and make myself feel better....:blahblah:

Just feel positive! your doing great, I have just bought some new clothes and the only problem I have is I don't know how much weight I want to loose....
My trousers were slightly tight when bought but now the belt has gone in another hole!
I accept all good comments from people and ignore any negative ones, usually people who themselves could do with loosing weight.
The more people talk about you the better you must be doing.
Keep the good work up and feel proud..........
Pete, arthritic decrepid,65 yrs old, T2 diabetic and over weight!

Just feel positive! your doing great, I have just bought some new clothes and the only problem I have is I don't know how much weight I want to loose....
My trousers were slightly tight when bought but now the belt has gone in another hole!
I accept all good comments from people and ignore any negative ones, usually people who themselves could do with loosing weight.
The more people talk about you the better you must be doing.
Keep the good work up and feel proud..........
Pete, arthritic decrepid,65 yrs old, T2 diabetic and over weight!

Thanks for your words I got weighed earlier and lost another 4lbs making 2st 3.5lbs in seven weeks. Still don't feel slimmer but I am going to just try going with the flow and keep doing it 100% my brain will catch up eventually, and I am looking forward to the moment I look in the mirror and see the new me.:)

Well Done Zilla you're doing great and if you want to have a moan on here feel free, I won't complain we're all in the same boat chick and know how you feel :)

Sammie x x

Well Done Zilla you're doing great and if you want to have a moan on here feel free, I won't complain we're all in the same boat chick and know how you feel :)

Sammie x x
You may live to regret saying that...:8855:eek:nly joking I feel a bit better today. I went out last night for the first time since I started s world 7 weeks ago and wore a blouse that I usually wear and I think that last night will be the last time that I wear it.. whoop whoop it felt too baggy and I think that's when I started (albeit only a tiny bit) to feel better about how I look. Must admit when I look in the mirror I don't see a new me yet but am getting excited waiting for the moment to come. It's a bit like having christmas eve every day...hee hee. Thanks for your kind words and I am here if you need to moan at someone. It's the least I can do for bending your ear.

Wow well done!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Was feeling a bit down as I've lost 3.5lb in as many weeks my own fault as I was still in holiday mode but my heads back in the game now even more so as a saw a friend today (not seen him for about 18mths) and he walked past me as he didn't recognise me :D that really cheered me up.

Zilla my ears are VERY flexible so bend to your hearts content ;)

Sammie x x

Was feeling a bit down as I've lost 3.5lb in as many weeks my own fault as I was still in holiday mode but my heads back in the game now even more so as a saw a friend today (not seen him for about 18mths) and he walked past me as he didn't recognise me :D that really cheered me up.

Zilla my ears are VERY flexible so bend to your hearts content ;)

Sammie x x

From me to you :bighug: but at the same time :whoopass:for being in hol mode for 3 weeks. lol. I feel bit better about myself everyday and people that didn't know I was doing slimming world are asking me if I have lost weight as I am looking good. Am also sending you my new positve :vibes: for the next few weeks. Together we can conquer the world..he he he

Back