Hidden veg!

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by moo64, 13 March 2010 Social URL.

1. moo64

moo64 Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.09%)
    My boyfriend won't eat any vegetables apart from peas!!! He doesn't like the texture of them. Obviously, this isn't very healthy, and it's hassle for me...I love veg and don't wanna miss out! How can I hide them in his meals?!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    Just saw this ( late as ever ) does he eat bolognaise ? what i do with my kids is add veg to the sauce and blitz it to a smooth sauce. They never know what's in it. You could do the same with chilli i guess and add th mince later so you still get the texture

4. karenlyn

karenlyn New Member

I grate zucchini into just about everything that's sauce based, especially chunkier sauces. When grated and cooked awhile, it disappears into the sauce and even the pickiest eater won't eat. It works perfectly in things like chilli, stew, huevos rancheros, bean soups... and my picky husband never knows.

5. bryony

bryony Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(8.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    im in the same boat my boyfriend wont eat any fruit not even as a baby and he will only eat spuds peas and carrots. i tend to finely chop all other veg or i put it in the blender and wizz it up and add it in to sauces

6. flowey

flowey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Mashed cooked califlower in white cheese sauces is another for lasagnes and macaroni cheeses etc...
    I also make my owm tomato sauce from lots of veg and whisk for spag. bol and lasagna for the kids. If you choose red pepper and carrots as some of the veg, it makes the sauce sweeter. Adding a little bisto or worsechester (how on earth is that spelt???) to give the bolognaise a bit more beef.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.