high cholesterol

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Curvygirl87, 12 October 2011 Social URL.

1. Curvygirl87

Curvygirl87 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi there i have just telephoned my doctors and have been told that I have a cholesterol level of 5.7 which they say is borderline high! Has anyone else high cholesterol?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. speccyblue

speccyblue Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1.5lb(23.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I joined SW because my cholesterol was high, it had really scared me into sorting out my weight once and for all.

My cholesterol was 5.5, I haven't had it checked since starting SW though. Since being on SW, now about 10 weeks, I haven't eaten any butter (which was my downfall!) and have lost 2st. I might get it checked out at the pharmacy, hopefully it has gone down. Will keep you posted!

4. Curvygirl87

Start Weight:
    14st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    well done on ur weightloss!im ragin with myself, but gave me kick up backend i needed!x

5. Sylver

Sylver Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    5.7 isn't massively high and it will probably reduce with a few diet changes and exercise. I know that my doctor nearly falls of the chair everytime they get the results of mine, which is always around 3.8 as they expect that from the size of me I must have mad high cholesterol but I never have done!
    My bf started taking those cholesterol reducing yogurt drinks & spreads and it's helped bring his down a little.

6. Curvygirl87

Start Weight:
    14st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah he did say that if i changed my diet that it would decrease but it has totally give me a kick up the jacksie! I really didn’t expect it to be borderline high.. well done u for urs being so good! Im back to SW 2nte and thank god i am! Totally focused now! Xx

7. speccyblue

speccyblue Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1.5lb(23.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

I just got my cholesterol checked and it's now 4.03 - I am super pleased! :D

Your cholesterol will go down if you follow SW, good luck!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.