High protein on a low budget?

hannata

I can haz cake?
Is it even possible?

Trying to keep to a budget for food shopping, never really looked at the price of stuff and wondered why my money disappears so fast =P today i noticed that tinned tuna is actually quite expensive!

So I'm just wondering if I'm missing some good options for high protein... not a particularly fussy eater either so open to lots of options

I think the best tip for high protein is to buy big. A whole chicken that will last you several meals is usually cheaper than a pack of chicken breasts. A pack of 10 or 20 chicken legs is usually cheap and can be frozen. You can look for cheaper cuts of meat at the butchers counter (though they're often the fattier ones). Eggs are great for protein and not too expensive.

Frozen food is your friend. I get ASDA Smart Price chicken breasts for £3.99, you get about 7/8 pretty large breasts (I know they're filled with water but they're still a reasonable size) and one can make a big meal that will last me two days. I find these better than a whole chicken as I only eat breast and thigh, the wings and legs end up going to my greedy housemate or in the bin.

Back