hii, am new :-)

v12345

Silver Member
Hi all,
Am new to atkins and would really appreciate it if you nice people could give me some tips please.
i start my diet tomorrow and i have a lot to lose, about 30-35kgs :cry::cry::cry:
am desperate to lose weight and i have tried so many diets before and could never lose more than a stone.
but this time am more determined than ever to lose the weight as am too heavy (100.4kg) for my 5"1 height and its starting to affect my health, :cry::cry::cry:
my asthma has got worst, cant walk more than a few yards as it makes me so breathless, and all my clothes are way too tight making me a size 20-22!!

any tips would be greatly appreciated.
many thanks.
good luck to all.
;);)

Hi V and welcome, you could start reading all the stickies at the top, that will help, and then start a diary thread where you can ask questions and stuff.

Welcome to Atkins. x

Welcome V and best of luck x

I was your size last year, only a bit taller. Now I'm a size 14. It can be done!

Welcome to the board - if you have any questions, please ask. The folks here are really here to help!

Its a bit terrifying isnt it when the clothes you have are getting tight and the thought of having to go up a size.

Good luck, you'll be able to lose more than a stone this time, honest.

Hi V

I'm in a very similar position. I am just coming to the end of week 2 and i now weigh 219 lbs. I lost 6 lbs in my first week which i was over the moon with. Have you bought the book, i found it was my bible for the first few days! I also keep a food diary with me so i can track EVERYTHING!

Welcome and good luck, just remember not to give up after the first few days. This time next week you'll be flying it.

thank you all for your help, advise and input. its much greatly appreciated.
which book is the best one for induction?
thanks.
:)

I used the '72 version V, got it a a car boot sale as I recall. It was the original version of Atkins and was a lot stricter about many things. It's also the only one he actually wrote.

hiya Jim, could you please tell me the title of the book, i'll have a look in amazon for it.
thanks.
:)

The atkins diet?? The only book thats different is the newest one (atkins diet revolution). If you want an older version you are best to go on ebay x

Hi V and welcome.Everyone will keep you right here,This is my second week and im really enjoying it.
I would write down what your planning on eating in a day it really helps to stick to that.Goto the thread "what are we eating today" and you can get great ideas what to eat from everyone elses menu.
Good Luck.

Go for it, V, you won't regret it - just look at the "What have we eaten today" thread to see how well we do actually eat :)

Hi v welcome. If you join us you wont regret it. Im 4 weeks in now, losing weight, enjoying eating and even the company is great :D

Back