hints and tips

*pinkprincess*

i was wondering if any of you lovely people have any hints or tips to following weight watchers, cooking substitues? sticking to points? excercise? some of you are hardcore ww, and have lost incredible amounts, and i was hoping that we could have a thread to share tips?

my tip would be (as im a snacker, especially in the evenings): save a few points for the evening and have low point snacks at the ready, muller light yoghurts are my favourite at the minute, or instant options hot chocolate -or whatever you fancy really! then when your other half (like mine does) is stuffing there face with treats you dont feel so left out-then its less tempting to join them in demolishing a pack of biscuits!

The 1 1/2 point cookie packs are quite good for the evening as well, or elevenses at work, when everyone else is stuffing biscuits!

Lol, im new to it, so im not sure if I am doing it right! Found Hartleys jelly, less than 10 cals, no fat - I think no points, or at least not many! But be careful, some say fat free, and the others say less than 10 cals!

i found chocolate chip snack a jacks yesterday and if you are a chocoholic then these are great and only 1pt each

me too-i lurve chocolate, and at the moment im struggling to find low point chocolate treats.
i do love snack a jacks anyway, especially the cheese ones-yum!

I am not too keen on the savoury ones, and im not really a sweet tooth, but now i have started this diet i crave sweet stuff!

i love pasta, and crisps, basically carbs! lol. but i know that i need to moderate these, and that they are certainly not my friend, and the reason im on WW now. but like you i now crave sweet stuff like crazy. i have a cupboard full of options instant hot chocolate though, so if im running low on points i can still have something chocolaty!

I bought some of the w/w hot chocs, but they arent that nice, and options are the same amount of points! Typical! :)

Skinny cow ice creams are my saviour. I get to have dessert that is a decent portion (about the size of a magnum) that taste great and are 1.5 points for my favourite mint choc chip. Delicious!

our leader told us potato waffles done in the toaster cant remeber how many points the are but i think it works out better than bread with spead on esspecially with some beans on for lunch! sorry a bit vague heads not on!

If it's crisps & savoury food you get a craving for, walkers French Fries fom a multi pack are only 1 point per packet and often on offer in supermarkets.

i have only been on it a week so far and if hungry been reaching for fruit or ww biscuits most are only 1-2 points or i alway have the 0 point soup there incase i need it great thread though learning about bice snacks than ww! x

Last edited:
thanks pollyg-i havent got a weight watchers calculator, and i dont fancy taking the card wheel thing to morrisons everytime i shop lol, so its mainly guess work, and if i get home and somethings too high in points then i have to resist temptation! lol.
i havent made any 0 points soups yet, might try that today.
oh, and if anyone has any tips about alternatives to rice or pasta (different kinds/brands that are lower in points) then please share! i only have 19points a day, so i have to be really careful. im awaiting my fitness dvd's through the post though so hopefully next week i will have some activity points to use up. (i am not gym person)

There is a sticky 'Sharing favourites & new discoveries' That has lots of good tips in.

I don't know about rice or pasta but if I'm making mashed potatoes I add in carrots or butternut squash to bulk it up for no extra points.

tbh i've hardly changed what i do, i just do less on the eating front, basically stick to points... you will most likely lose, that's it. I didn't exercise for the first few months of ww and i still lost only had about 2 or 3 gains in a year of doing ww i still eat crisps sometimes 3 packets a day and my sweets etc.. i point them and that's that! ok not ideal but i just limit now stay within points, sometimes i go majorly healthy with exercise and fruit and fluid in take, but other days i think sod it, and yet i still lose ! good luck

I have bought a wide range of pastas, rices and cous cous to keep me interested in the food I am eating. Brown rice is actually really nice when eaten with stir fry and it seems to keep me fuller for longer. Jasmine rice has a really lovely taste too.
I also like to make lighter versions of meals I would have cooked anyway which means my husband also eats them and I don't have to cook different things for everyone.
I usually try to make 4 portions of every meal. 1 for me 1 1/2 to 2 for hubby about 1/2 for my daughter (or whatever she can manage) and the rest goes into a container for my lunch the next day. That way I am not tempted for seconds and I (almost) always have my lunch planned for the next day. If it's a higher point supper I just take a half portion for lunch and take a salad aswell. Some meals fit this plan better than others, obviously

Back