hit a wall

Bella30

Silver Member
Hi everyone

I need some help. Last week someone made a comment to me that people who lose lots of weight like ive been doing are the ones who put it back on really quickly. At the time I was really upset because ive been working so hard to lose weight, and the person did apologise to me the next day but it seems to have affected me more than I thought.

Some of you may have remembered my very first posts about me being a binge eater. Since starting my diet, I haven't felt the need to do this once...that was until that comment was made. Over the last 4 days I've found myself in a binge eating cycle which I'm really scared I'm stuck in now. I weighed myself this morning and lost 1lb but in the last half an hour I have somehow managed to get myself to the shops and have binged on a awful lot of chocolate and feel terrible.

I really need some advice because this is the first wall I have hit since starting my diet and I don't want to undo all the hard work. Has anyone been in a similar situation or can anyone offer some advice to get me back on track?

Thanks xx

Forget what they said - if you have made permanant changes to your lifestyle then there is no reason why it should go on again. The reason people put on again quickly is if they revert to old eating habits.

And remember, no-one can make you feel bad unless you let them. So every time that voice in your head starts to say something negative, imagine a traffic light turning to red. Stop the thought in its tracks and turn it around into something positive. Watch the traffic light turn to green and move on.

forget that, you know whats right to eat and what to have in moderation! stick to what you know works for you and you'll be fine :)
everything is moderation i say!

im very active, and if i even buy a donut or a bag of crisp i get the "oooooh you'll gain all that weight you lost if you eat that!"
i had to up my calorie intake to even begin losing again, so i dont feel guilty about eating a donut or crisp, i can burn it off in the gym

Treat this as a blip.

Forget what that person said and make a promise to yourself that you will not follow those people who put it all back on.

Ive been one of those and I know exactly what, why and how...Ive promised myself it will not happen again.

No one can tell you what will happen to you once you reach your target, only you can determine that.

Back