hiya all im new

Lizzyann

hiya...

this is gonna take me some time to get used to, but im sure i'll get the hang of it soon. As you can see im lisa, 36yrs old living in stoke on trent. I just got back from the doctors office with appointments for blood samples and ecg and chest xray (apparently they need to be done before the referral) I have no clue what to expect, the GP i saw seemed to have no idea bout the questions i asked and i left feeling more confused than when i went in!!

I asked about funding for the gastric band as i dont have the money for the proceedure and didnt know if the NHS could do it....she seemed vague and just said "i think u can get iton the NHS i will have to see" also she had to look at another patients records to see what blood samples and xrays to do before referral, i just feel like i was just put on a conveyer belt but with no explanations as what happens next....all i know is when she gets the results from the chest xray and bloods and ecg then she wil referre me...

if any1 can enlighten me on proceedures and what happens next...im so confused...

Hey Lisa, sorry i cant give you any advice on the gastric band etc but i just wanted to say WELCOME :)
Good Luck with everything and we are all here to help you too!
What part of stoke are you from? I lived there for 3 years when i was at Keele University :)

Sammy x

hiya from another newbie, this is a great site , I am lovin it it is so welcoming and full of friendly people happy to share their experience and pass on helpfull advice.....x x x

ANOTHER NEWBE

Hi
Am thinking of having the staple bypass after it was very successful for my friend a yr ago. She has lost over 7 stone and did not appear to have any problem.Sme people are trying to put me off so was hoping if you have had it what you advice would be.
Thanks

hiya...

this is gonna take me some time to get used to, but im sure i'll get the hang of it soon. As you can see im lisa, 36yrs old living in stoke on trent. I just got back from the doctors office with appointments for blood samples and ecg and chest xray (apparently they need to be done before the referral) I have no clue what to expect, the GP i saw seemed to have no idea bout the questions i asked and i left feeling more confused than when i went in!!

I asked about funding for the gastric band as i dont have the money for the proceedure and didnt know if the NHS could do it....she seemed vague and just said "i think u can get iton the NHS i will have to see" also she had to look at another patients records to see what blood samples and xrays to do before referral, i just feel like i was just put on a conveyer belt but with no explanations as what happens next....all i know is when she gets the results from the chest xray and bloods and ecg then she wil referre me...

if any1 can enlighten me on proceedures and what happens next...im so confused...

Hi Lisa,

I have copied your post and moved it to WLS forums.

Please click on this redirect.

http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/116966-hiya-all-im-new.html

Love Mini xxx

Back