Hiya Anyone start WW today 1/3/10?

Ah sounds like bliss ........we had rain earlier and now just very cloudy :(

I know what you mean about the washing my life is one big washing pile with 3 girls lol Good exercise though ha :rolleyes: not.....

Have a lovely day well done on sticking to plan x

Morning Ladies! How is everyone today? did you have a good weekend? My weekend wasnt too bad, nothing really interesting to report, went over my points on saturday, :break_diet: But have bought green tea as someone told me its really good if you are dieting, so hopefully it will balance eachother out :p My DVD player has bitten the dust :( so my excercise plan has not been followed :mad: but im planning on putting LO in the pushchair later and walking for an hour or so.

Happy Mothers Day :family2:for yesterday to those of you who are mummys.

Good luck for those of you who have WI today :fingerscrossed: for a loss for you!

xxx

Hi Claire hope you have a nice walk and you have the sun ,also your mummys day was nice :)

I lost 2lbs this week which Im pleased with as its 8lbs - in 2 weeks and I am in a good place with the plan,I have a horible cold but still sticking at it.......as I have to no excuses anymore as Im only going to have to do this again.
My fella got me Just Dance for mothers day after I said Id like to buy it :D thanx to him,kids home sick today so no shaking my fat arse till Im alone lol,I may try and dig my vegetable patch over tody to get it started if Im feeling a little better.
Right Im drinking more water as I se big losses here with water drinking,just se what happens.
Hope your all well xx

Hi everyone, I also started on 1st March but have only just come across this thread. Everyone seems so nice and supportive I thought I'd join in :)

I'm allowed 22 points but read that 18 was for fast start so my aim was to be between 18 and 22 points each day. I stuck to this religiously and was only 22 points for 2 days and between 18 and 20 points for the rest of the week.

I lost 4lbs in the first week and did no exercise, so was very suprised but read it was water loss and the first week is always a good loss. However this week I have stuck to the points strictly again and 2 days of 22 points and other days between 18 and 22. I did go over on one meal though when we went out and the menu was very restrictive, I had steak, chips and salad and 2 drinks of vodka and cranberry. But I have been to the gym twice for an hour, swimming for an hour, 2 lots of 30 minute dvd and 60 minutes on the Tremorboard (like a Power Plate - so good by the way!)

But this week I haven't lost anything even after doing all that exercise and still sticking to my points, can one meal do that much damage?

This is the first diet I had ever tried (I'm 23) but the weight increase came from Uni, settling down with my boyfriend and changing my pill 3 times :mad: The weight kind of just crept up and I didn't really notice, but now I definitely have noticed!

So not losing this week has kind of knocked me a bit especially after I was so into it and committed for both weeks. Any advice or suggestions would be most welcome, thank you :)

Hi everyone, I also started on 1st March but have only just come across this thread. Everyone seems so nice and supportive I thought I'd join in :)

I'm allowed 22 points but read that 18 was for fast start so my aim was to be between 18 and 22 points each day. I stuck to this religiously and was only 22 points for 2 days and between 18 and 20 points for the rest of the week.

I lost 4lbs in the first week and did no exercise, so was very suprised but read it was water loss and the first week is always a good loss. However this week I have stuck to the points strictly again and 2 days of 22 points and other days between 18 and 22. I did go over on one meal though when we went out and the menu was very restrictive, I had steak, chips and salad and 2 drinks of vodka and cranberry. But I have been to the gym twice for an hour, swimming for an hour, 2 lots of 30 minute dvd and 60 minutes on the Tremorboard (like a Power Plate - so good by the way!)

But this week I haven't lost anything even after doing all that exercise and still sticking to my points, can one meal do that much damage?

This is the first diet I had ever tried (I'm 23) but the weight increase came from Uni, settling down with my boyfriend and changing my pill 3 times :mad: The weight kind of just crept up and I didn't really notice, but now I definitely have noticed!

So not losing this week has kind of knocked me a bit especially after I was so into it and committed for both weeks. Any advice or suggestions would be most welcome, thank you :)

Hiya welcome to our little group :)
There are many reasons we dont lose every week and especially when we have been as good as you its worse to sts.
TOTM it could be due to your period fluid retention?
Water intake how much do you drink it really makes a difference.
How you have worked out your points ,that is very important to be very honest on the how active are you daily,exercise are you using it as bonus points as you have to do a certain amount to gain extra points through exercise?
Food weighing and measuring,its amazing how much we 'think' we can have do you weigh and measure?
What are you eating?
Are you going to meetings?
Also our bodies are clever at hanging on to the lbs but eventually lose them so it could be a case of body adjustment.
Could i say from a person whos spent years and years yoyoing on 'diets' every type of one you can think of,dont see this as a 'diet' that word makes us feel deprived when we are not,ths should be for life ,losing the weight then keeping it off or like me you will lose 3-4 stone every year and regain it for the last 20 years !
Other than that well done :D xx

Hi I too started on 1st march along with a friend. The 1st week I lost 3 lbs and just got back from weigh in and only lost 1/2lb which is very disappointing considering i saved 28 points this week! My friend has lost 8 1/2lbs over the 2 weeks and had curry nights and vodka nights!! I don't know where i'm going wrong any advice gratefully received. thanks

Thank you so much for the suggestions, the one about not thinking it is a diet is particularly why I wanted to try WW. I've tried watching what I eat before, but everytime I had something that wasn't 'super healthy' I thought I failed and gave up, but with WW you can have normal food as long as it is within your points. I don't feel like I've been deprived or particularly hungry, apart from some points in the first week which I expected. That's why I was so into the whole WW thing and did the same as week 1 after losing 4lbs :) But lost none in week 2 after doing the same and exercising loads.

No it's not TOTM and all the exercise I did in week 2 I didn't count any for AP so that makes it even worse lol. I normally drink around 2 medium Evian water bottles (75cl each bottle) each day, but I never get thirsty so even that is pushing myself, but I shall try for more.

I am quite strict working points, I have a calculator and the shopping book and I'm always ask on here if I'm unsure and I use Rosmary Conley portion pots so I know how much for beans and cereal etc. I don't go to the meetings as they're not very convenient for me but do buy the magazines and I'm always on here trying to stay motivated.

I'm not going to get too dis-heartened by STS like I used to before WW but I'll keep on track for this week and do lots of exercise and hope for the best lol.

Hi I too started on 1st march along with a friend. The 1st week I lost 3 lbs and just got back from weigh in and only lost 1/2lb which is very disappointing considering i saved 28 points this week! My friend has lost 8 1/2lbs over the 2 weeks and had curry nights and vodka nights!! I don't know where i'm going wrong any advice gratefully received. thanks

Hiya ((hugz)) why did you save 28 points? Have you not had them? If this is so you know your body will go into stravation mode as its clever and will think your not eating and hang onto the fat to survive!!
Is it totm ?
How much are you drinking?
Did your friend have over her points allowence,if not sometimes the following week a gain will show up from a bad week?
Weigh-in and measuring we HAVE to do we cant guess,what you are eating?
xx

Thank you so much for the suggestions, the one about not thinking it is a diet is particularly why I wanted to try WW. I've tried watching what I eat before, but everytime I had something that wasn't 'super healthy' I thought I failed and gave up, but with WW you can have normal food as long as it is within your points. I don't feel like I've been deprived or particularly hungry, apart from some points in the first week which I expected. That's why I was so into the whole WW thing and did the same as week 1 after losing 4lbs :) But lost none in week 2 after doing the same and exercising loads.

No it's not TOTM and all the exercise I did in week 2 I didn't count any for AP so that makes it even worse lol. I normally drink around 2 medium Evian water bottles (75cl each bottle) each day, but I never get thirsty so even that is pushing myself, but I shall try for more.

I am quite strict working points, I have a calculator and the shopping book and I'm always ask on here if I'm unsure and I use Rosmary Conley portion pots so I know how much for beans and cereal etc. I don't go to the meetings as they're not very convenient for me but do buy the magazines and I'm always on here trying to stay motivated.

I'm not going to get too dis-heartened by STS like I used to before WW but I'll keep on track for this week and do lots of exercise and hope for the best lol.

Hi how have you worked the points you can have daily?
I can have 23 as Im 40 weigh 16 stone something am female and am not in an active job etc.......
Maybe its that?
It is only wek 2 and it can take an adjustment before it will work,Are you having ALL your points? Its confusing isnt it,last year I went to ww meetings and I was going to the gym 3 times a week and aqua fit and walking 15-18000 steps a day and week 1 was -4lbs week 2 1lb week 3 1/2 lb?
This time Im just doing ww and walking but not loads and week 1 was 6lbs week 2 2lbs but I am eating low GI foods and drinking more water than I did so Im not sure why this happens,maybe go through peoples diaries and see what they eat? Maybe your body doesnt lose on too many carbs etc? I think you'll do ok maybe you are too strict as I do this dont have enough points?xx

Hi size 102b,
Thanks for reply. I didn't save my points puposely, i've been keeping track online which has added my points up for me, i didn't use all my points only because i was full.
It's not ttom either!!
My friend definately went over her points as she didn't add the alcohol or curries onto her tracker! she's been very lucky.
I've eaten lots of fruit and no point soup along with other stuff but i've added every single thing i've eaten to my online tracker, maybe this week i will have to try to eat all my points and see what happens.
Well done with your loss keep it up.
xx

Yer I thought I was doing good with gym, swimming, dvd and tremor board so maybe it's a bit of muscle that's gone on which weighs more than fat. I think I'm going to measure inches and compare that each month as well. But like I said I'm still going to stick at it and see how it goes!

I worked out 22 points by being 23 years old weighing 15 stone, having an inactive job and being 5 foot 4 and half so I said 5 foot 5 for my points. I think that is right at 22 points. Because I know 18 points is for Fast Start I stuck between 18 and 22 all the time and most of the time been 20.

The food diaries have been really useful and I've already got some good snack ideas. I've also cut out bread to limit carbs so looked at the diaries for some inspiration.

I keep a food diary which I write EVERYTHING I eat in and here are a few days examples:
Breakfast
1.5 - muller light yogurt
1.5 - kellogs mini breaks
Lunch
1.5 - ww soup
1 - 2 crisp bread with 1 light cheese triangle
Snack
1 - ww crisps
Dinner
1 - half a slice of pork
1.5 - tablespoon of mash (with little marg)
1 - half a tablespoon of cauliflower cheese
0.5 - half a small stuffing ball
0.5 - spoon of peas
0 - sprouts
1 - 2 spoons of gravy
1 - small yorkshire pudding
Dessert
4 - quarter steamed pudding
2 - 2 spoons custard
Total - 19 points

Breakfast
Lunch
3 - cottage pie
Snack
1.5 - walkers baked crisps
Dinner
5 - Bird's Eye salmon (yummy btw)
0 - carrots,cauliflower, brocolli
0.5 - spoon of peas
3 - 4 new potoatos
6 - 2 slices of garlic bread
Total 22

Any thoughts?

Hi size 102b,
Thanks for reply. I didn't save my points puposely, i've been keeping track online which has added my points up for me, i didn't use all my points only because i was full.
It's not ttom either!!
My friend definately went over her points as she didn't add the alcohol or curries onto her tracker! she's been very lucky.
I've eaten lots of fruit and no point soup along with other stuff but i've added every single thing i've eaten to my online tracker, maybe this week i will have to try to eat all my points and see what happens.
Well done with your loss keep it up.
xx

Hi I wouldnt look at your friends plan and think shes lost you should do it,really shes not retraining herself to eat healthy is she,and Ive seen many times people do what she did then gain in the next 2 weks after good weeks and forget and wonder why,sometimes people do lose on a blow out I have no idea why?
I think you didnt have all your points so your bodys stuck thou you did lose so well done,have all your points ,its good you werent hungry but see what happens if you do?
Stay intouch we can all help each other xxx

Yer I thought I was doing good with gym, swimming, dvd and tremor board so maybe it's a bit of muscle that's gone on which weighs more than fat. I think I'm going to measure inches and compare that each month as well. But like I said I'm still going to stick at it and see how it goes!

I worked out 22 points by being 23 years old weighing 15 stone, having an inactive job and being 5 foot 4 and half so I said 5 foot 5 for my points. I think that is right at 22 points. Because I know 18 points is for Fast Start I stuck between 18 and 22 all the time and most of the time been 20.

The food diaries have been really useful and I've already got some good snack ideas. I've also cut out bread to limit carbs so looked at the diaries for some inspiration.

I keep a food diary which I write EVERYTHING I eat in and here are a few days examples:
Breakfast
Lunch
1.5 - ww soup
1 - 2 crisp bread with 1 light cheese triangle
Snack
1 - ww crisps
Dinner
1 - half a slice of pork
1.5 - tablespoon of mash (with little marg)
1 - half a tablespoon of cauliflower cheese
0.5 - half a small stuffing ball
0.5 - spoon of peas
0 - sprouts
1 - 2 spoons of gravy
1 - small yorkshire pudding
Dessert
4 - quarter steamed pudding
2 - 2 spoons custard
Total - 19 points

Breakfast
Lunch
3 - cottage pie
Snack
1.5 - walkers baked crisps
Dinner
5 - Bird's Eye salmon (yummy btw)
0 - carrots,cauliflower, brocolli
0.5 - spoon of peas
3 - 4 new potoatos
6 - 2 slices of garlic bread
Total 22

Any thoughts?

Actually your plan looks good heres mine: Im on 23 a day:
2.5 40g porridge
1.5 200ml semi skimmed milk
0 artifical sweetner

1 shape youghurt

3 ww wrapx2
2 wafer chicken
0 salad
1 tiny squirt of vlf mayo
1.5 snack a jacks

2 150g cooked whole wheat pasta
3 Oven Baked chicken breast
1 Pasta Sauce
0 Veg or salad

1.5 banana

Thats been mine average day as Im trying to do fast start for a couple of weeks.
I tend to now go for v low GI foods that help weight loss and feel us up.
I would maybe try drinking 2-3 litres of water a day and green tea everyone is ravin about ?
I think you are doing everything right and next week you will Im sure have that bigger loss :Dx

Have you tried that green tea, it is so bad it reminds me of the smell of horse hay lol. I've got some left actually so I may force myself to have a cup in the afternoons from now on.

Yep definitely going to stick at it and do exercise and we'll see what this week brings.

Going to get some wraps I think because I miss sandwiches at lunch when I'm in a rush or travelling to a meeting.

Anyway thanks for the advice and we'll keep posting and see how we get on. You're doing really good though, well done!

Just popping in to say good luck for WI if its tonight! Mine is at tea time and im hoping for a loss as I have stuck to the plan! Fingers crossed!

Have you tried that green tea, it is so bad it reminds me of the smell of horse hay lol. I've got some left actually so I may force myself to have a cup in the afternoons from now on.

Yep definitely going to stick at it and do exercise and we'll see what this week brings.

Going to get some wraps I think because I miss sandwiches at lunch when I'm in a rush or travelling to a meeting.

Anyway thanks for the advice and we'll keep posting and see how we get on. You're doing really good though, well done!

I hate any tea it makes me go blahggghhh
lol I did have a cup last week,I have to have decaf migraines,I am going to try and have one at tea time:eek: lol
Good luck for this week,I love the wraps atm I never really have bread too many points in a decent slice :rolleyes: xx

Hi Girls!:grouphugg:and :welcome2: to the new comers to our little group!

Well done size102b!!! :woohoo:you've done great! isnt 2lb per week what they recommend for loosing the weight and keeping it off?? Wait till the kids go back to school and then get on with that DVD, i always have to laugh at myself when i think of myself jumping around the front room like a fool, but if it gets the job done...!!

S-H, how are you? Dont worry about staying the same for one week, you STS, you didnt gain! I think it has something to do with the excercise, i think you are gaining muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. You're doing so well, dont let it get you down, keep at it!!!

Theatre, dont look at your friend, everybody is different. I hate it when my friends eat the same as me and can still fit into a size 10, because their bodies can metabolise/ get rid of the weight faster or whatever. You have done really well with it, and just need to keep going, im sure you will see a great loss at your next WI!

Nik86- how did you get on??

Ive just been to the market and bought 5kg of apples and 5kg of oranges... think i will be eating mostly fruit this week! lol

xxx

Hi to all and well done for the weight losses so far.

I have rejoined ww last night after not coping well with doing it alone at home. So new start for me from today - healthy eating, moving more and hopefully less of me next week.

Back