Hiya Anyone start WW today 1/3/10?

Hi, can i join in this thread? :) I started weight watchers on 22nd Feb, weight loss last week was 2 lbs, which is 12lbs in total :)

Hi :gen126::wavey::welcome: to our little group,of course you can :) Well done you fantastic loss nearly a stone
you started just before me on the 1st,nice too meet you and what day do you weigh in and are you at meetings at home or online? xx

hey hun :) im just following weight watchers at home on my own as I really cant afford to pay for it at the moment. I weigh myself monday mornings - it helps me get motivated for the rest of the week! How're you finding it? Im a little unsure as to the points allowance, I did a free trial with WW and it says im currently allowed 21 points a day, im just wondering how that changes as you lose weight...?

Yippee! Had a happy weigh in today and lost 5lb (8.5 total) how strange though that this week i took size 102b's advice of eating all my points and it worked. So a big thank you to you xx
p.s Can anybody tell me how to put a 7 sign on my profile?

Last edited:
hey hun :) im just following weight watchers at home on my own as I really cant afford to pay for it at the moment. I weigh myself monday mornings - it helps me get motivated for the rest of the week! How're you finding it? Im a little unsure as to the points allowance, I did a free trial with WW and it says im currently allowed 21 points a day, im just wondering how that changes as you lose weight...?

Hi I do it alone at home too and come here as you can see .......
The points system works as everytime you go down a stone you lose a point so if you were 12 stone and lost 1lb your 11st 13lb you will go down a point then when you go down to 10stone 13 you lose another point,so if your 12 stone and say on 21 points when your 11 st 13 you go to 20 points then 10st 13 your 19 points etc......
Ive done ww many times and know quiet alot but not what some people do here so always ask away as someone will help you :D
Im finding it better this time as Im eating low GI foods in every main meal ie:
porridge
brown bread/wraps
wholewheat pasta
and drinking green tea and 2 litres of water a day with sugar free squash or uncaffinated tas and coffees to push it to 2 litres.
Good Luck and looking forward seeing you get to goal :D xx

Yay!

Ive been drinking loads of water too - with a teeny splash of sugar free juice to make it taste yummy. Im also exercizing every day for at least half an hour. So is it always best to eat all your points allowance? I usually have around 19 a day in total, and earn around 5 activity points which i never really use. Should I be trying to eat the full 21? Sorry to sound like a total newbie xx

Yippee! Had a happy weigh in today and lost 5lb (8.5 total) how strange though that this week i took size 102b's advice of eating all my points and it worked. So a big thank you to you xx

Whey hey fantastic go you :D:D:D just copy mine and paste it onto yours doing your signature xx

Yay!

Ive been drinking loads of water too - with a teeny splash of sugar free juice to make it taste yummy. Im also exercizing every day for at least half an hour. So is it always best to eat all your points allowance? I usually have around 19 a day in total, and earn around 5 activity points which i never really use. Should I be trying to eat the full 21? Sorry to sound like a total newbie xx

Your doing it right you can save points upto 4 a day but make sure you have them by the last day of your week the day before weigh - in.
Ask away I do xxx

Hi all,

well, had my first WI at 12st 11.5lbs which is the heaviest I've been for a while but am hoping some of it is fluid retention after my naughty weekend away:D

Am now raring to go!!;) only had 15 points today and gonna have 2 more b4 bed by treating myself to a cereal bar. Planning to up the exercise this week and weather permitting will go cycling in the morning or failing that on the treadmill. I really have to make this the last time!!!

Must go and fix my signature and details.

Here's to a fabby week:p

:0clapper: :happy096: :clap:​
Well done you! 5lbs is great!!! Im doing the same as you this week and eating all my points, so i hope i do as well as you! :cross:

Im guessing those 7's are everytime you loose 7lbs?? xxx​

Ok, ive been naughty...:(...I jumped on the scales, just for a sneeky peek. Big mistake. Ive only lost 200g so far this week, and ive been trying sooooooo hard. Ive been working out, eating all my points, drinking 2 litres of water per day, drinking green tea, i honestly cant think of anything else i should be doing. I only have one full day left before WI, so im thinking i will probably loose a total of 1lb again this week. :cry:

What am i doing wrong? Everytime i have done this diet i have always made a loss of around 4/5lbs for the first week and then around 2/3lbs for the weeks after, with a STS at the TOTM. Now i seem to be loosing very slowly and im doing everything i can. Ive had 1 bad day in 3 weeks, and im being honest, so what am i doing wrong??? Can anyone help? how are you guys doing so well? xxx

Im not sure hun, but i think as you get older your metabolism slows and its harder and slower to lose weight. Any loss is still great though, read size102b 's post called "For those who want to give up or are losing slow" (sorry Im not sure how to link to it)

Urggh Im having a bad day tho - totally splurged at lunchtime, a massive steaming bowl of pasta and a shed load of cheese sprinkled on it. about 25 points altogether, oh dear... not sure whether to go without my dinner tonight as damage limitation or have my dinner anyway. Ive earned about 10 activity points in the last two days anyway... I dont know. If Ive gained, Ive gained. I'll start again tomorrow lol xx

Ok, ive been naughty...:(...I jumped on the scales, just for a sneeky peek. Big mistake. Ive only lost 200g so far this week, and ive been trying sooooooo hard. Ive been working out, eating all my points, drinking 2 litres of water per day, drinking green tea, i honestly cant think of anything else i should be doing. I only have one full day left before WI, so im thinking i will probably loose a total of 1lb again this week. :cry:

What am i doing wrong? Everytime i have done this diet i have always made a loss of around 4/5lbs for the first week and then around 2/3lbs for the weeks after, with a STS at the TOTM. Now i seem to be loosing very slowly and im doing everything i can. Ive had 1 bad day in 3 weeks, and im being honest, so what am i doing wrong??? Can anyone help? how are you guys doing so well? xxx

Hiya Im not tempting fate by saying this time im doing better because .........
I usually lose 1/2-1lbs a week on plans and last year I did ww and was going to the gym3 times and aqua areobics 2 times a week and still 1-2lbs a week.
This year Ive changed how I eat after lots of reading thought and I think its as I eat low GI foods in every main meal,porridge,brown wraps,wholemeal pasta,lots of chicken and bananas,I also am very careful to weigh and everything and tbh have under my points as im not well.
1) Are you using activity points? If so stopp for 2 weeks just have your points.
2)List here your last 2 days foods exact everything that goes in your mouth food and drink.
3)Are you having all your points?
4)How much water are you drinking compared to before ww?
Let us know the answers and we can go fromn there?((hugs)) It will go and 1lbs a week is 4 stones a year ,I did do a thread Riotgirl is right about 2 girls try read it it does hit home xxx

Im not sure hun, but i think as you get older your metabolism slows and its harder and slower to lose weight. Any loss is still great though, read size102b 's post called "For those who want to give up or are losing slow" (sorry Im not sure how to link to it)

Urggh Im having a bad day tho - totally splurged at lunchtime, a massive steaming bowl of pasta and a shed load of cheese sprinkled on it. about 25 points altogether, oh dear... not sure whether to go without my dinner tonight as damage limitation or have my dinner anyway. Ive earned about 10 activity points in the last two days anyway... I dont know. If Ive gained, Ive gained. I'll start again tomorrow lol xx

Hiya,forget it your human and its done :)
What day is your weigh-in? Take 2 points off a day dont go without a meal as then you'll be hungry and want to go off plan.Do you know what I learnt a blip is a blip a blip then whats the point on doing this is a yoyo.....Cheer uo drink extra water (not too much) exercise a little more and cut 2 points a day off if weigh-ins closer cut 4 a day off....xxx

WI is Monday - So Ive got time to recover myself :) I did end up going without my dinner last night but I wasnt particularly hungry and just had an early night. im back on track today, got 4.5 points left and I feel like I'm quite full after my dinner so I might just have a small banana and save the rest xx

Hiya Im not tempting fate by saying this time im doing better because .........
I usually lose 1/2-1lbs a week on plans and last year I did ww and was going to the gym3 times and aqua areobics 2 times a week and still 1-2lbs a week.
This year Ive changed how I eat after lots of reading thought and I think its as I eat low GI foods in every main meal,porridge,brown wraps,wholemeal pasta,lots of chicken and bananas,I also am very careful to weigh and everything and tbh have under my points as im not well.
1) Are you using activity points? If so stopp for 2 weeks just have your points.
2)List here your last 2 days foods exact everything that goes in your mouth food and drink.
3)Are you having all your points?
4)How much water are you drinking compared to before ww?
Let us know the answers and we can go fromn there?((hugs)) It will go and 1lbs a week is 4 stones a year ,I did do a thread Riotgirl is right about 2 girls try read it it does hit home xxx

1. Sometimes i use my activity points- but not all the time. from now on though i will do the excercise and not use the points.
2. I will do that last so you can see what im doing, and let me know what you think.
3. Im using all of my points (22) every day.
4. I am drinking 2 litres of water per day, plus 2-3 cups of green tea, plus 1-2 cups of coffee per day. This is about 2 litres and 2 cups of green tea a day more than before ww! I never used to drink water.

Ok, heres what ive had to eat for the last 2 days....
Day 1:
Breakfast:
Cornflakes: 1.5
Milk (0.5 pints so enough for the days coffee as well): 1
Lunch:
6 Krispies: 3
Cheese Spread triangles Lf, 3: 1.5
Turkey LF 2 slices: 0.5
Salad
apple: 0.5
orange: 0.5

Dinner:
Pasta (90g) 5
Roasted Veg: 0
Olive Oil: 2
Malteesers: 3.5
3 rich tea biscuits: 1.5

2 litres of water, 2 green tea.
30 minutes excercise DVD.

Total used 20.5

Day 2:
Breakfast:
Boiled Egg: 1.5
Toast: 1
LF Spread: 0.5

Lunch:
4 slices LF Turkey: 2
Mayo: 1
Musli bar: 2
Apple: 0.5

Dinner:
Breaded Fish: 6
Home made Coleslaw: 2

Total: 20 (but to be honest even though the packet said 6 points for the fish i think it was more, so im not eating the extra 2!)
Thats it for today so far, and ive only had 1 litre of water and 2 cups of green tea today.

WI tomorrow. Dont feel optimistic. I wonder if it is just age?? Its one thing that i had never thought about.

xxx

WI is Monday - So Ive got time to recover myself :) I did end up going without my dinner last night but I wasnt particularly hungry and just had an early night. im back on track today, got 4.5 points left and I feel like I'm quite full after my dinner so I might just have a small banana and save the rest xx

Well done ;) glad your back on track xxx

Good luck on your ww journey!
I went to my first meeting tonight but i started ww on monday and i am feeling really positive. I have three stone to lose,but i am determined this time.

1. Sometimes i use my activity points- but not all the time. from now on though i will do the excercise and not use the points.
2. I will do that last so you can see what im doing, and let me know what you think.
3. Im using all of my points (22) every day.
4. I am drinking 2 litres of water per day, plus 2-3 cups of green tea, plus 1-2 cups of coffee per day. This is about 2 litres and 2 cups of green tea a day more than before ww! I never used to drink water.

Ok, heres what ive had to eat for the last 2 days....
Day 1:
Breakfast:
Cornflakes: 1.5
Milk (0.5 pints so enough for the days coffee as well): 6 Krispies: 3
Cheese Spread triangles Lf, 3: 1.5
Turkey LF 2 slices: 0.5
Salad
orange: 0.5

Dinner:
Pasta (90g) 5
Roasted Veg: 0
Olive Oil: 2
Malteesers: 3.5
3 rich tea biscuits: 1.5

2 litres of water, 2 green tea.
30 minutes excercise DVD.

Total used 20.5

Day 2:
Breakfast:
Boiled Egg: 1.5
Toast: 1
LF Spread: 0.5

Lunch:
4 slices LF Turkey: 2
Mayo: 1
Musli bar: 2
Apple: 0.5

Dinner:
Breaded Fish: 6
Home made Coleslaw: 2

Total: 20 (but to be honest even though the packet said 6 points for the fish i think it was more, so im not eating the extra 2!)
Thats it for today so far, and ive only had 1 litre of water and 2 cups of green tea today.

WI tomorrow. Dont feel optimistic. I wonder if it is just age?? Its one thing that i had never thought about.

xxx

I cant see anything wrong tbh,what milk are you having and whats the measurements?
Maybe what you are eating isnt working for you,I used to eat foods when I did ww before and they werent low Gi and didnt lose weight? I have porridge and wholewheat pasta.......
I think your body should adjust,but if its 1lb a week and you are doing exactly what you have here then thats the way your body likes to lose .....
When did you last do a diet plan?I do think our bodies are clever and they know what we are doing so maybe cut 2 points out a day and see if it makes a difference,it also depends on how you have answered the questions,eg how active your life is,I put 0 points for that part as I dont go to work and thast why at my weight I can only have 23 points,but I have had under as I havent been well .......
See what your weigh-in is first and then we can go from there,pm me if you like and we can work it out Please dont give up as you will lose ,do you know how many times Ive weighed all week and not lost and gained and stuck to plan but on weigh day I lost......wait and see what the scales say tomorrow
Not being too personal,have you been to the loo and is it any where near totm?
xx:)

Back