Hmm might start but want some info..

Caloriefree

Okay so i just noticed this..ive been on the slimfast diet but i think its a waste to drink 200cals two times a day..sooo...im wondering about this diet....What days are what and how many calories do you have a day on which days? Im wanting to follow someone elses plan right down to the calorie..so anybody? Im currently doing a strict 1000cals a day but would like to have down days from that. Thanks

Hi Caloriefree

I have just started today, I will tell you what I think I know and others can help from there! I have just ordered the book which will help alot but until then I will just post any queries on here .. Everyone is lovely :)

You have days about up day then down day and weigh once a week after a down day

For example:

Monday - UD
Tuesday - DD
Wednesday - UD
Thursday - DD
Friday - UD
Saturday - DD
Sunday - UD (weigh?)

On a down day you have no more than 500 calories and ob an upday you limit to around 2000/2300 calories.

You still have to keep up the water intake!

Hope that helps a wee bit sure others will post soon to help you!

There is also a website which might help as well!!

Claire xx

Hi caloriefree,

Yay another SFer!!! I moved onto juddd from Sf as had stopped losing with SF, think my body got used to that amount of cals everyday. Been on juddd a month and i love it :) There are no restrictions on up days which is great, just eat sensibly and stick to 2000-2400 cals. It does sound like a lot after coming off SF, I had trouble the first week eating enough on up days, but you do need to eat that amount to keep your metabolism up, else you'd just go into starvation mode and not lose. Down days (literally every other day) is max 500 cals for at least first two weeks, you than gradually increase it as you lose and go onto maintain. You can do this with calorie counting food (like I do) or with meal replacement shakes/bars (SF, CD etc). Have a look at the website for some more info:
Alternate-Day Calorie Restriction – The Johnson UpDayDownDay Diet™

Also have a look at everybody's diaries in the diary section on here to see what we're all eating.

Good luck if you do decide to change x

Hey there! Glad to have you here!

Yep you can do this! Its nice because your DDs make you feel like you are doing something to help yourself, and if you are really craving that piece (Notice I said "piece" not "whole") cake, you can have it tomorrow and not feel guilty about it.

On UDs you can not go crazy, but you can have the freedom to eat what your family eats, or eat out.

On DDs you find little tricks that help keep you on track.

I love JUDDD diet!!! It works!!! Hubby and I have both in the past lost weight on it.... My brother has also lost a lot of weight on it.... It works, you just have to stick to it......

:)

Welcome again!

alrighty sounds good then...I alrighty then i believe i will start tomorrow as a up day then i cant bring myself to eat 2000+cals in good food tho it would take forever! but i will aim for atleast 1500

Good luck, let us know how you get on x

You can do it! Welcome! :)

Hi Caloriefree did you give it a go today??

Im on a UD cant believe how much you can eat for 2000 calories!!

:D xx

Yes it is weird eating 2000 cals especially after doing slimfast, it does seem a lot! I struggled eating that many my first week, actually today I'm well under at the mo!

Back