Hmm Saturday night meal

sharonm34

Hi All! Im trying to follow Slimming Worlds extra easy plan at home and find I am really good in the week but then when it comes to the weekend I really go off plan!
Has anyone any good suggestions for a really tasty Saturday night meal? I love chicken and pasta but also really stodgy stuff?
I would be ever so grateful for any good ideas!

Thank you xxx

:devilangel:

Hi Sharon, welcome. Can't answer your question but I'm sure someone in the slimming world section will be able to. Good luck. :)

how about a yummy chicken curry??

This serves 4

Spray frying pan with fry light
Add 2 chopped onions, 1 deseeded chopped green chilli (leave out if too spicy for you) 2 teaspoons grated garlic, 2tsp grated Ginger (I use ground Ginger and it's fine). Stir fry 4-5 mins

Add 1lb diced chicken breasts and 3-4 tbsp mild or medium curry powder mix well and stir fry 3-4 mins

Add tin chopped toms, 1tsp sweetner, 100ml chicken stock made with chicken bovril and bring to boil. Cover and lower heat cooking gently fir 30-35 mins until chicken cooked and tender

Season well with salt and pepper and stir in chopped fresh coriander and mint ( I never do this as it keeps cost down)

You could serve with brown rice or slimming world chips?? xx

Saturday is generally my treat day and I make sw meals, but with extra syns...still, you can do it syn free too. Things I have are:

Red pesto pasta (recipe is in recipe section, called prezzo or something lol)
Burger wrapped in lettuce with cheese and sw wedges.
Sw fry up, low syn sausage, egg, sw chips, bacon and baked beans
Egg frittata with bacon, mushroom and onion, served with cheese on top
Curry (as above) with sw chips

I will add more as I think of them :) x

A favourite of mine is chicken and bacon stack with chips and carrots.

SW Chips
SW Roasted Carrots chucked in with the chips.
Part cook chicken breast. Stuff it with hex A cheese or laughing cow light triangles, wrap in bacon with the fat cut off and finish off in the oven.
Smoother the chicken in bbq sauce. 2tbls is usually plenty and only 2 syns. If on a red day I use parsnips to make the chips.

Back