Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

hmmm motorbikes....

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by x-Katie-x, 9 April 2008 Social URL.

1. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    .... did I really say it was a good idea!!! Lol perhaps it is but maybe not for me (though I am not) giving up.

Come off it twice tonight - once when I was the only one on a small (but not mini) roundabout on an industrial estate straight off the right side into the roundabout that just happened to be all built up and made of cobbled stone - hurt my knee, grazed all my elbow (this is with protective jacket and bottoms on). Second time when turning left onto the East Lancs Road (A580 - dual carriageway) - fell to left when turning left (think to be honest I'd stiffened joints from first fall) and into a muddy puddle - didn't get hurt that time though.

So is that it then - my 'comes in 3's' over and done with :)

Having a day or so off while joints go down ----- least I've not broke anything ... one of first things I said to hubby as I'd earlier told him about Lemma not being able to do diet...... almost first thing I said after stopping crying was 'and no I've done this so I can have tea tomorrow!' (sorry Lemma).

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Oh dear Katie. You be careful you are not trying to do too much too fast - you have after all only had one days training!! Be careful out there misses!! I'm sorry you hurt yourself - you be sure and rest those aching joints!!!

xx

4. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    LOL the first one BL that really hurt I was literally using this roundabout as a practice for stopping and starting, just tootling along as there are no other cars there as the factories are all closed, just lost it.

The second I was out on a drive but I think it was my stiff joints that caused it - really should have gone home after first one ---- arm has had me up all through the night :(

I am fine though, and I will get back on it in a couple of days.

5. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Oh bless - well - consider the aches and pains as battle "scars" - rights of passage.

You have done your three though, so you are done!!!

It makes you mad though don't it!! I dropped my bike in training twice and it pissed me off more then anything!!! :D

Well, still though - take care and be careful!! And I hope you feel better pronto!

xx

6. gazz

gazz Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Been off my various bikes over the years, worst one was on a motorway , took a bend too quick and I went one way and the bike went the other. Think you need to come off a couple of times it makes you think twice before you do it again.. I won't ever stop riding ! going to look at a buell on Sunday as I fancy a change this year, and I might not look so silly now I'm 5stone lighter. Still love the harley though..

When your all better get back on and good luck, you'll love those sunday afternoons... i can't wait !

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.