hmmm motorbikes....

x-Katie-x

Gold Member
.... did I really say it was a good idea!!! Lol perhaps it is but maybe not for me (though I am not) giving up.

Come off it twice tonight - once when I was the only one on a small (but not mini) roundabout on an industrial estate straight off the right side into the roundabout that just happened to be all built up and made of cobbled stone - hurt my knee, grazed all my elbow (this is with protective jacket and bottoms on). Second time when turning left onto the East Lancs Road (A580 - dual carriageway) - fell to left when turning left (think to be honest I'd stiffened joints from first fall) and into a muddy puddle - didn't get hurt that time though.

So is that it then - my 'comes in 3's' over and done with :)

Having a day or so off while joints go down ----- least I've not broke anything ... one of first things I said to hubby as I'd earlier told him about Lemma not being able to do diet...... almost first thing I said after stopping crying was 'and no I've done this so I can have tea tomorrow!' (sorry Lemma).

LOL the first one BL that really hurt I was literally using this roundabout as a practice for stopping and starting, just tootling along as there are no other cars there as the factories are all closed, just lost it.

The second I was out on a drive but I think it was my stiff joints that caused it - really should have gone home after first one ---- arm has had me up all through the night :(

I am fine though, and I will get back on it in a couple of days.

Oh bless - well - consider the aches and pains as battle "scars" - rights of passage.

You have done your three though, so you are done!!!

It makes you mad though don't it!! I dropped my bike in training twice and it pissed me off more then anything!!! :D

Well, still though - take care and be careful!! And I hope you feel better pronto!

xx

Been off my various bikes over the years, worst one was on a motorway , took a bend too quick and I went one way and the bike went the other. Think you need to come off a couple of times it makes you think twice before you do it again.. I won't ever stop riding ! going to look at a buell on Sunday as I fancy a change this year, and I might not look so silly now I'm 5stone lighter. Still love the harley though..

When your all better get back on and good luck, you'll love those sunday afternoons... i can't wait !

Back