Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Hmmm - my new love - QUINOA!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Daisyboo, 26 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Daisyboo

Daisyboo Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Help me decide!!
    New food try this week - Quinoa!

I have bought the Ainsley Harriot one before but thought I would try making it myself. So I cooked up the quinoa with a veg stock cube, some dried coriander, lime juice and chilli flakes and it is dee-lish!! Having it stuffed in peppers with HExA grated Cathedral Light and a hearty helping of sugar snap peas and french beans. Feeling v virtuous :D

Any other ideas of what I can make with it/to go with it?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Clareel

Clareel Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.37%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/ ADF
    Mmm sound lovely! I like it with sweetcorn, red onion and butter beans as a side dish. There's probably loads you can do with it though!

4. teen

teen post op loser

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    8st8.5lb(43.82%)
    Add it to soup as well

5. Lizzieanne

Lizzieanne Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.05%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    As it's free on Green and EE, I tried using this in place of porridge oats for breakfast. I cooked it in a saucepan with milk, some sweetener and cinnamon. I wouldn't say it was fabulous, but it wasn't bad and saved me a HEB.

6. Daisyboo

Daisyboo Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Help me decide!!
    It's also Glueten Free so if you know anyone who is glueten sensitive/intollerant/Ceoliac its a great substitute for cous cous / pasta!

7. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Quinoa is so delicious! I love it in a Spanish tomato sauce yum!

8. Bunnylush

Bunnylush Gold Member

Start Weight:
    1st2.9lb
    Current Weight:
    0st10.9lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st10.9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(35.5%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I need to learn how to use quinoa, I bought a bag of plain. Boiled it, gross! Tasteless looked like frogs born?? Lol
    Now it's put me off. I want it to be tasty and nice but don't know how to use it? X

9. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I like things like this recipe, just omit the oil and use dried Puy lentils if you want to avoid the syns in the ready made pack: Spicy Cajun chicken quinoa recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had it with spicy greens, there are millions of things you can do with it, just google "quinoa recipes"

10. hazysummer

hazysummer Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    just had some quinoa tonight - I didn't use quite enough per person, so it was a bit too small as a main meal, but fine for a side dish which would have been nummy with a piece of lightly spiced chicken roasted at the same time as the veggies

basically the mixed vegetable brushetta recipe from Jamies Italy

roast 1/ 2 red pepper,1/2 orange pepper, 6 mushrooms, 2 courgettes, red onion, tsp oregano, handful mint leaves S&P –oil (2), for 40 mins in oven - when cool, chop up to small pieces and add to tsp or 2 of tarragon or other herby vinegar

OH doesn't like the texture of couscous, will only tolerate bulgar occasionally, but declared quinoa OK - result!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.