Hmmm - my new love - QUINOA!!

Daisyboo

New food try this week - Quinoa!

I have bought the Ainsley Harriot one before but thought I would try making it myself. So I cooked up the quinoa with a veg stock cube, some dried coriander, lime juice and chilli flakes and it is dee-lish!! Having it stuffed in peppers with HExA grated Cathedral Light and a hearty helping of sugar snap peas and french beans. Feeling v virtuous :D

Any other ideas of what I can make with it/to go with it?

Mmm sound lovely! I like it with sweetcorn, red onion and butter beans as a side dish. There's probably loads you can do with it though!

As it's free on Green and EE, I tried using this in place of porridge oats for breakfast. I cooked it in a saucepan with milk, some sweetener and cinnamon. I wouldn't say it was fabulous, but it wasn't bad and saved me a HEB.

It's also Glueten Free so if you know anyone who is glueten sensitive/intollerant/Ceoliac its a great substitute for cous cous / pasta!

Quinoa is so delicious! I love it in a Spanish tomato sauce yum!

I need to learn how to use quinoa, I bought a bag of plain. Boiled it, gross! Tasteless looked like frogs born?? Lol
Now it's put me off. I want it to be tasty and nice but don't know how to use it? X

I like things like this recipe, just omit the oil and use dried Puy lentils if you want to avoid the syns in the ready made pack: Spicy Cajun chicken quinoa recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

5764748844_7f65a165ff_o.jpg

5764201231_a0a548856f_o.jpg

I had it with spicy greens, there are millions of things you can do with it, just google "quinoa recipes"

just had some quinoa tonight - I didn't use quite enough per person, so it was a bit too small as a main meal, but fine for a side dish which would have been nummy with a piece of lightly spiced chicken roasted at the same time as the veggies

basically the mixed vegetable brushetta recipe from Jamies Italy

roast 1/ 2 red pepper,1/2 orange pepper, 6 mushrooms, 2 courgettes, red onion, tsp oregano, handful mint leaves S&P –oil (2), for 40 mins in oven - when cool, chop up to small pieces and add to tsp or 2 of tarragon or other herby vinegar

OH doesn't like the texture of couscous, will only tolerate bulgar occasionally, but declared quinoa OK - result!

Back