Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by jay1, 20 November 2008 Social URL.

1. jay1

jay1 New Member

I don't know where to start from.I don't want to say that I come from an " Obese or overweight " family , because my father wasn't obese nor totally healthy , but my mom was , I have 4 brothers other than me , and like 4 of us are overweight including me , but I'm the one who is with the biggest overweight problem. I'm 182 cm ( 6''00' ) 140 kg's ( 309 lbs ). I wasn't always obese , up till the age of 16 or 17 , I was seriously fit , my body was seriously in shape , after 18 , I rapidly started to gain weight. I don't think I'm the type of guy who " emotionally " eats , I eat 3 meals per day BUT , snacks are ( or used to be ) an endless saga. I tried a lot of diets , some of them would last for 2 or 3 weeks , some dont live for more than a week , basically , I didn't have the will to go through with it , and I think a lot of people over here, might get what I mean.

I never had health problems , I don't walk 4 times per week , I do subscribe to the gym like once(1 month ) per 6 months , I do walk every now and then though , I realize it's a must.I tested my blood sugar level , cholesterol , everything was normal , matter of fact , the doctor told me that everything is PERFECT.

Believe me when I tell you that I don't have large portions everyday , I have maybe one or 2 large dishes per week , but other than that , I LOVE salads , I ADORE fruits , I eat like 4-5 tomatoes every day , I make salad like 3 times a week, I'm a huge chick-peas fan.

I want to lose something like 30-40 kg's , I hate being skinny , I don't want to be one of those " scale-recommended " guys , I love being overweight a bit , I bet you ladies don't :p .

So what's your suggestions ? I'm open to everything . I'm all yours!!!

P.S. : I attached an image of me , from day 1 up till this day ( well not exactly today , see that so called hair on my head is all gone now :p )
    Last edited by a moderator: 21 November 2008
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Welcome to Minimins :wavey:
  4. sidewalksocialscientist

sidewalksocialscientist Full Member

The 'everything that goes in my mouth is cooked from scratch by me' diet. And it works well!
    Develop a passion for cooking and good food... worked for me! Chickpeas really are awesome.
    Btw dude you look seriously good in a few of those pics in the middle, you're right that skinny wouldn't suit.
    Good luck!
  5. everhopefull

everhopefull Going to be a yummy mummy

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming world
    Hi and welcome im just eating healthy at the moment and not over eating crap I do that a lot. Im having 3 healthy meals a day and healthy snacks inbetween lots of fruit for me.

Hope this is the start of somthing good for you
  6. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Healthy eating/Food diary
    Go with the healthy eating - if you already like the 'good stuff' then it's not going to be that much of a leap. Watch your portion sizes though - even fruit can rack up the calories alarmingly! Good luck, you sound sensible and like you have a good not too obsessed attitude.
    Keep us posted!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.