Hobbies and interests

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by aislingb, 6 April 2011 Social URL.

1. aislingb

aislingb loves a curlywurly

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(16.15%)
    Diet:
    slimming world(extra easy)
    hello lovely people :)

ive been thinking lately i want to start doing something new so i was looking for ideas.
    what are your hobbies/interests? id love to do zumba or some dance classes but cant at the moment because of back problems :(
    any suggestions welcome..........

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. RegField

RegField Silver Member

4. missfortissimo

missfortissimo addicted to minimins

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(13.98%)
    Diet:
    Getting rid of starches/sugar/unnecessary fats.
    I myself am enjoying learning sign language (albeit slowly). But I think you may be referring to exercise, lol. Playing instruments, taking pictures, babysitting... I like those things! Somehow I do not believe my post will be helpful, though... lol, sorry!

5. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hmm - is it activity you're after, or something that involves meeting up with other people, or something to stop you nibblling between meals?

6. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If it's activity you could start cycling or walking. Once you start looking you'll be surprised how many lovely places there are to visit near where you live.

Or if it's to stop you nibbling, I make cards, sew & knit. All easy & relaxing.;)

7. alfsmummy11

alfsmummy11 Silver Member

I love walking. I have an app on my phone which records how many miles ive done. I power walk with the buggy and tell my little boy all about the things we see.

I also love vintage clothes. I trail around second hand shops and flea markets. I love to customize bags with vintage scarfs and love to buy really old bags. My fav atm is a 60's fendi bag which cost £20!!!

I agree with the above post tho your local area has so much to offer and you can make hobbies very cheap. I love swimming too but find it hard to do laps with a 2 yr old lol so have to wait for a sitter to help x

8. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    With your back problem something a little more gentle would be better for you.

How about water aerobics, brilliant if you have a back problem as the water supports you. Good fun too.

9. Wegle

Wegle Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I took up poi spinning a couple of years ago. It's a really good upper body work out and is great for entertaining friends. Plus it's a completely portable hobby so you can do it anywhere! I've just upgraded to fire poi which is awesome.

Some videos here:

YouTube - Poi Girl on Fire

Edit: To say I am not the girl in the video!

10. aislingb

aislingb loves a curlywurly

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(16.15%)
    Diet:
    slimming world(extra easy)
    thansk for all the replies :) i didnt realise there was a similar thread a week ago and i actually did search the forum and clearly missed it...oops!
    some great suggestions. i really want to do aqua aerobics but still dont have the confidence to put on a swim suit even after losing over 2 stone! :(
    Its not to help me stop nibbling thankfully i have that under control :)
    Im learning turkish (slowly) as my husband is kurdish and most of his family doesnt speak english!
    the poi spinning looks really cool but unfortunately wouldnt be able for this at the moment!
    im going to search your suggestions to see what available in my area.
    Thanks again xxxxxxxxxxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.