Hold on to your hats girls....... TRIFLE!

jan9209

Silver Member
This was enough to fill 4 ramekins.

Mix ready to make sugar free jelly as per instructions.
Pour it into bottom of ramekins half way up and put rest to side.

Bring 1/2 pint skimmed milk to boil with 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence or a vanilla pod.
While the milk is simmering blend 3 egg yolks with 50g of sweetener of choice (I use Splenda) with a tablespoon of corn flower.
Once the milk is boiled add to the mixture whilst stirring and then immediately pop back onto the cooker, keep stirring.

It may go lumpy or seperate but that's ok just keep stirring and it will come together! (FYI if making just custard to eat on its own only use 30g of sweetner)

Next mix remainder jelly in with 200g of yoghurt to make strawberry mouse.

Leave all to set in fridge for 6 hours or until solidified. Then add custard over the jelly and then pour the mouse over the custard and leave overnight.

Sooooooooo delish!!!! And good news is with left over mouse you put in the freezer for strawberry ice cream, and make meringue with egg whites from custard!!!

Hope you all love it as much as me, eve and Pauline do :) xxx

Jam love this recipie x

It is the single most thing I love in this diet, amazing what boredom and hunger does lol x

I may love you :D

hmm looks delicious... but where are the sponge fingers? I'm thinking a sliced galette in there could make it even more perfect!

For attack, lose the cornflour of course...

Great recipe!

To be honest I wanted something different from oat bran fed up looking at it lol but suppose if you wanted a spongey bit you could pop some in there :)

I made a trifle for my dessert on Christmas day and cut up a couple of muffins and set in the jelly for the sponge finger effect. It really did taste like trifle!

bought some ramekin dishes last weekend from Aldi, was just wondering what i could use them for when i stumbled across this trifle recipe!! Yay!! Trifle weekend fest!! and another idea for my Dukan Picnic! Cx

Im sure im going to!! made choc muffins last night so can use them as the spongey part, mmmmm cant wait!! Cx

Looking forward to trying this - definitely need to get some ramekins, can anyone recommend anywhere relatively cheap?

think i got mines in asda for 75p each

bought some ramekin dishes last weekend from Aldi, was just wondering what i could use them for when i stumbled across this trifle recipe!! Yay!! Trifle weekend fest!! and another idea for my Dukan Picnic! Cx

Hey CD! got mine from here!

Well i ended up making a big trifle!! strawberry SF jelly with the choc muffins in the bottom. vanilla custard over the top of the jelly then i poured a vanilla yogurt over the top. OMG!! it was lovely, OH had a portions but my son dislikes jelly, so more for me lol Cx

CaledoniaDreaming said:
Looking forward to trying this - definitely need to get some ramekins, can anyone recommend anywhere relatively cheap?

Poundland have them in I think 2 packs xxx

Back