Holiday advice please

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by bmthsue, 1 June 2009 Social URL.

1. bmthsue

bmthsue Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6.5lb(18.58%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm going to Turkey in five weeks. I'm currently doing SS+ and although I'm pretty confident that I can manage to stay sensible with food, I know that when I'm on holiday I will want to have an alcoholic drink or two or three..... I know that I should move up to 810 prior to the holiday, but how long before I go should I do this and should I do this first and then also move up to 1000 cal? Any advice greatly received. Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. x89amandax

x89amandax Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.61%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    Im probably not the best person to answer but... I was planning on drinking and everyone advised that i should step up the plans.. In regards to it being a holiday away you should maybe do a week on 810 then a week on 1000 before you go just so its not such a shock to your system and your body might not hang onto the calories as much?? But you definately need to eat sensibly and try drinking diet mixers and vodka? or try and stick to the lower calorie beverages :)

4. x89amandax

x89amandax Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.61%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    also on holiday you usually do lots of walking and swimming in the pools so try use this as exercise to burn off whatever you do eat or drink! :D

5. bmthsue

bmthsue Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6.5lb(18.58%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks, that's great advice and am sure it will help me stay a bit more in control while I'm away.

6. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hey..
    Im not going to be much help at all.. as I am doing ss+ too.. I would say go to 810 and be as sensible as you can... Drink lots of water too. I would speak to your cdc as I am sure she will be able to advice you when exactly to go up the plans.
    What part of Turkey are you going to we are looking to go in September and was not sure yet what part and hotel ect..
    Your doing great.. and I bet you cant wait to go on holiday and feel more confident..
    x

7. bmthsue

bmthsue Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6.5lb(18.58%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    We're going to Olu Deniz. Haven't been there before but lots of people have told me that it's very pretty and a lovely place. Can't wait as haven't had a proper holiday in the sun for a few years and I should now be able to do the seatbelt up on the plane!!

8. Scottishmum

Scottishmum Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(29.67%)
    The main thing is to have a fabulous holiday and not spend the two weeks panicking about it. Turkey is a fabulous country (I'm a huge fan of Turkey and try to go at least twice a year), their food is fabulous. The best thing though is that they are not huge carb addicts. Most of their food is meat based and shish type kebabs are available everywhere with salads etc.

Unfortunately, the resort type places are turning into chips with everything, but if you stick to some good turkish food you'll do wonderful.

I broke ss last year to go to Marmaris and I've never been able to get back into it properly since (until today that is!). I spent the first week being really sensible and had omelettes etc for breakfast but the second week I went a bit mad on the chocolate ice lollies. Cue cravings galore.

Olu deniz is next on my agenda, in particular the Belcekiz Beach hotel. Where are you staying?

9. bmthsue

bmthsue Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6.5lb(18.58%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    We're staying in a little family run hotel called Hotel Karbel. Am sure it's nothing glamorous, but as long as I'm on holiday I won't mind!

10. Big H

Big H Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(19.82%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Whatever you do just ensure that yuo are not in Keytosis when drinking

Hope you have a great time! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.