Holiday-but don't know what to do?

laura269

Happy Friday all!!

I have a question. We go on holiday in just under 3 weeks (our 1st ever family holiday abroad!) to Fuerteventura and I just don't know what to do! I will be into my 6th week on SS by then.

I just don't know whether to do SS throughout, potentially be miserable (which is quite likely as we're going with another family who love to eat and drink and she is stick thin and can eat what she likes :sigh:) or do I opt to maybe go up to 810 or even 1000 so I can have some food but then risk coming out of ketosis and then having a hellish time trying to get back into it when I return.

Holidays are my danger time on diets. I tend to do great on a diet then have a break away, be naughty then cannot get back on the wagon when home.

I've got a 50/50 split of opinion when I ask people.

My CDC says I should go up to 1000 with an aim of not gaining anything whilst away rather than loosing. But I'm worried I'll have a real tough time getting back into ketosis as days 1-3 were pretty horrible for me.

Any thoughts very much appreciated xx

I think your CDC is right , if you go with the intention of SSing you are much ore likely to blow it completelly .. do you really think you could go and SS and enjoy it ?? If you really think you could then do it , but as its your first proper holiday I think you are more likely to be miserable or blow it completelly .
The 1000 plan in fabulous , it has carbs but is still low in carbs so it shouldnt take you much to get into ketosis and you have done it once .. I am sure you can do it again :D and if you are planning on drinking any alcohol at all then you really need to be out of ketosis .

I obviously dont know you so cant say what you should do , but i know I would end up totally blowing it if I tried to SS and you also want to enjoy your 1st holiday :D

Back