Holiday / Diet Report

lunar jim

Gold Member
Hi everyone! Back home from our week away... We had a great time around the country; seeing all the beautiful fish etc. at the National Aquarium, Legoland was a blast, and Chester Zoo was just amazing. Shame the weather was a bit variable but not to worry; the kids had a whale of a time, as did us adults :D

New-found slim(er)ness meant I could go on rides at Legoland, and rescue a stuck child from the top of the lighthouse at Plymouth lol

As far as the diet went, I was pretty good with eating for the first three and a half days; regulation breakfasts, bar for lunch and fruit, and a healthy meal of stuff like chicken cesar salad (even hid the croutons), or seared tuna which was yummy. Not enough water though...

Then disaster struck in the form of Pizza Hut for dinner. Then a cooked breakfast. WTF??? Still had fruit and bar for lunch, then a tiny dinner. Then another cooked breakfast :sigh: Bar for lunch again (yay) then a fcuking takeaway because we got home late to a house with empty cupboards...

The result: a 6lb gain for three days arse about :eek: 6lbs!!! I'm pretty shocked, and I've snuck back over 17.5 stone.

So... head down, focus now I'm back, be 100%, drink loads of water and we'll see what the tale of the tape is at WI on Thursday, hopefully I can claw some of that 6lbs back... :rolleyes:

Still, I've got my training assessment at the gym on Monday where they'll produce a proper training programme for me, so I'll be putting that into practice a couple of times before WI too.

6lbs... :break_diet:

Hi Lunarjim - I was just wondering how your hols went as I'm about to start mine!

Sounds like you had a great time and congrats for sticking with the plan for half of it. The gain will drop off in no time once you're back on plan - especially if you are heading for the gym.

I've 3 weeks off - this week have a day out planned, a meal out for wedding anniversary, a birthday meal with the family - and I plan to come of CD for those. Then we go to a cottage in the Cotswolds for a week and I plan to take CD with me and stick to it as much as possible and hope for damage limitation. However I do plan to enjoy myself, do accept that there might well be a gain, but I know just how to rectify it when I get back:)

How did Mrs LJ do?

Hi Minxie!

Thanks for that; I'm hoping that the weight is just glycogen stores so I should burn through it pretty quickly. Plus I've been really bunged up since I went on hol so that could be a factor? (TMI time) I managed a poo this morning but I still feel really bloated and frumpy...

Ooh, one thing: my two eldest decided to have a race up to the top of the viking thing at Legoland; basically a winding path up to the top of one of the rides, quite steep and maybe 100 metres long. They shot off but the youngest failed within about 10 metres. So I picked her up, put her on my shoulders and ran to the top with her on there. Pre-diet: no chance. None whatsoever. I'd have been out of breath just walking up. Now: was out of breath but ran to the top no problem. Yay fitness :D

Mrs LJ: she took the 'I'm on holiday' attitude and ate what she pleased. She's in bed now having a lie in (we normally alternate saturday lie in for her, sunday for me but I've said she can have both days this weekend) so no WI for her (she's avoiding the scales till official WI...), she's got some mandatory works night out tonight but she's getting back on track tomorrow morning.

Three weeks off can't be bad Minxie! Hope you have a good time, it sounds like you've got plenty planned and a sensible approach!

It's our wedding anniversary on Monday. Not sure what we'll be doing, we're skint after being fleeced at the various parks and attractions lol We both want to see Dorian Gray but it's not out until Wednesday. I don't think Inglorious Basterds is up her street either :(

Hi Jim

6lbs will be gone in no time, and you have gained so much, how fit are you now?

At the end of these diets - whatever they may be - we have to be able to live. We have to go on holiday or to anniversarys or weddings and life goes on.

The difference between putting it all on again, or not, is being focussed - getting back to your "normal life" and recognising that you had a fantastic time, and it was just a holiday. You are doing this - so well done to you!!

Good luck with the rest of your journey

Love
Rosie:D

Thanks Rosie! I guess I was expecting some sort of gain while I was away so I'm not beating myself up to harshly :D I'm just in the mind of 'right, good time had, lets get it back off', so going from there.

You will get that 6lbs off no problem, and well doen on sticking to the diet for half the time at least! but oh lord it has made me rethink my "plans" for when I go away next week, I am away for three days, but have my fertility appointment when I get back, and soooooooooo want to get into the 15's for then, to minimise the humiliation and lectures I am bound to get from the consultant!
I was thinking of just taking tetra pacs and eating one, sensible meal a day, but I think I might have to take the soup and porrige too, cause I think I will be too tempeted otherwise! And will be totally gutted to put on before my appointment xx

Well Jim 6lbs will fall off you in no time. You're a machine!

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself on holiday and you can see your hard work has really made a difference.

Welcome Back :D

Your 6lbs gain is nothing, i had an 8 lb gain when i came back from florida in july, it was gone by day 3 on ss...so DONT worry :D

You had a great time and life DOES go on.

When i go to vegas in november, like hell am i ss'ing! im living the cambridge dream..and somtimes that includes real life ;) long as we can get 'back on it' again..who cares!

x

You will be great Jim... no sweat the weight will simply leave the building as it were... lets' face facts here.... a couple of brekkies a meal out and a takeaway is hardly 21,000 calories.... so it will defo be water...

Get glugging and start slugging at the gym!! :p

Ah it happens to the best of us LJ! I can easily put on a stone in a week when coming off CD and arsing about!

I was following your travels via your Facebook statuses (or should that be stati???) and I was very jealous!!!

Having said that it's a week today that I move to Sheep-land argh!!! x

Holidays are always going to be a real big test but you sound like you've had a great time and are back in the right frame of mind again. 6 lbs aint so bad for a bloke. Just think us ladies can sometimes gain that at totm. You've done great!
Off on my holidays next week and even though i'm excited about it i'm also really worried about the food issue and everything going t*ts up.

Welcome back Jim. Sounds like you had a fab time. Bet if felt great to feel fitter and at least you chose well most of the time. It will just be water weight. I had the weekend off and put on 7lb, but it went in a couple of days!
Best of luck for you and the wife on WI day

Hi lunarjim

Rescuing stuck child sounds very noble! I am sure that the 6 pounds will disappear soon. Glad that you had a good time and quite a varied holiday experience.
Good Luck at the gym.

6lbs will be off in no time Jim!!!
glad you had a super time away, and that is more important than what the scales say!!! :D
x

You will be great Jim... no sweat the weight will simply leave the building as it were... lets' face facts here.... a couple of brekkies a meal out and a takeaway is hardly 21,000 calories.... so it will defo be water...

Get glugging and start slugging at the gym!! :p

Hee thanks Ali! I've got a water in my hand right now (well not now, I'm typing...) but in usual weekend style I've not drank enough. Must glug lol. I'll do better at my mum's tomorrow.

Ah it happens to the best of us LJ! I can easily put on a stone in a week when coming off CD and arsing about!

I was following your travels via your Facebook statuses (or should that be stati???) and I was very jealous!!!

Having said that it's a week today that I move to Sheep-land argh!!! x

Thanks Gem! Yeah, we had fun this last week, though I kept forgetting to change my SIM card (one has free texts, one has free data! wish I had them both on one network lol) so I didn't end up updating it as much in the end. Going on the rides in Legoland was superb as I remember going to Florida a few years back and not fitting... My highlight of the week were the Jaguars at Chester Zoo though. Lovely animals!

You all set for your big move?

Holidays are always going to be a real big test but you sound like you've had a great time and are back in the right frame of mind again. 6 lbs aint so bad for a bloke. Just think us ladies can sometimes gain that at totm. You've done great!
Off on my holidays next week and even though i'm excited about it i'm also really worried about the food issue and everything going t*ts up.

Yeah, I'm more annoyed at myself really, for giving in to the cooked breakfasts, than the 6lbs itself I think. It was as if I opened the floodgates with the pizza... What the hell, it's done and I'm back on track :D

Welcome back Jim. Sounds like you had a fab time. Bet if felt great to feel fitter and at least you chose well most of the time. It will just be water weight. I had the weekend off and put on 7lb, but it went in a couple of days!
Best of luck for you and the wife on WI day

Liz, I can't begin to describe how over the moon I felt running up that hill :D

Fingers crossed it drops off quickly! You realise I'll end up a daily weigher until it's gone lol

Hi lunarjim

Rescuing stuck child sounds very noble! I am sure that the 6 pounds will disappear soon. Glad that you had a good time and quite a varied holiday experience.
Good Luck at the gym.

Thanks BB! The stuck child was my eldest (age 5) lol he scampered up to the top and suddently decided the steep steps and long drop wasn't his cup of tea. No amount of talking him down was going to work so he grabbed on to me and wrapped his legs round my waist as I took him down. Thing is, the gap in the floors was tiny, there was no way I'd have fitted through with him pre-diet, and I'd just have been the useless fat-man etc. etc.

Back