Holiday Gain

Sarah98

Well as expected I gained on Holiday :cry: but I enjoyed myself.

Took me an extra week to get back on track when I got back will power :mad: naughty me!!

8lb Gain in total !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! argh

Fingers xd weigh in after week back on Tues.

Hope everyone is well xx

What's the point of life if we don't get to enjoy our holidays.

Don't worry about the weight gain, most of it will be water & will come off nice & easy.

Drink lots of water, strict induction, shouldn't be a problem:)

Thanks for the messages :) I am astounded - You were all right - I lost 9lbs so all my holiday gain and an extra pound too woo hoo

Wow! Well done Sarah :)

Fabulous Sarah - well done:D

Thanks Alpaca, PurpleBobCat, Kat1e and girlygirl1 I was completely shocked to have done that well - obviously not unhappy tho.

PurpleBobCat - I did go back on to induction starting to get to know values for things quite well but only guesstimated so thats why I was soooooo surprised

Weigh day on Tuesday morning nervous after last weeks success

Good luck with the WI Sarah :)

Thanks Alpaca - breathing another sigh of relief 4lbs this week :) but I think 4.5 hours of roller skating on Sunday might of helped too

A word of warning to those contemplating having the Christmas period 'off' - I did that for the first time in years, last Christmas. Granted I had just lost my dear Dad, and was very stressed at university. I wasn't in the best frame of mind. I bought tons of vast boxes of Thornton's chocolates for family and friends - and, gulp, one for myself. Oh, dear...

Thus began my slide into regain. I did not stop when I had regained 8 pounds, nor 18. I tried to get back on track but just couldn't. I still don't know why! Emotional-psychological factors have so much to do with nibbling the wrong stuff. And, of course, sugar is my major binge trigger. But this slide was exceptional for me (since I found Atkins), and pretty scary.

I have lost more than half of the regain now and hope to be at goal by Christmas (ironic!). So please, my Atkins pals, think long and hard before you over-indulge this year. If you know for a fact that you are strong enough to get back on plan in January, fine. I thought I was - but I miscalculated. Don't give your body an extra few 'presents' it would rather not have!

As always girly very wise words.... I feel too much like an addict at the moment - maybe I always will - to venture too far off plan

Agree with Di - great comment girly. I'm thinking more of having a few extra goodies at one meal rather than a day, week, whole holiday! There will of course be wine- but that doesn't count;)

Great advice girly. It is so easy to think you can get straight back on the wagon after a week or so of indulgence. I think I will pinch Katies idea and just have a treat for one meal then be good for the rest of the Xmas jollies :) Ho ho Ho! :)

It's funny you all mentioned that - I had been thinking about that myself.

I too have promised myself a full Christmas Dinner with Pudding and have a couple of meals out (which I am going to try and pick as atkin friendly as possible)

The main problem with Christmas is eating with family & friends. Its always the same 'its Christmas', '1 won't hurt', 'go on treat yourself' and my favourite.... 'you deserve it'. I don't particularly want to cheat at Christmas - but I'm not sure its possible to stay on Atkins & not hurt the MIL buy not eating what she's prepared.

What do you guys do??

Back