Extra Easy Holiday help

Rach1986

Hi all,

Has any one got any good tips for staying on the straight and narrow while on holiday? Am going away for a week and usually find it really hard to get 'back on the wagon' after more than a few days off. Am staying in a cottage so can cook some of my own meals but I don't want to feel like it's the same old stuff?

Any top tips would be so welcome or ideas for low/ free treats!

thank you!
Rach

My top tip is take a slow cooker, you can do it all in the morning and it never feels like you have cooked in the evening.
Also just try and eat sensibly when you are out.
Have something in the cupboard that is on plan fir when you get back, I have a tin of mushrooms and galia mushroom risotto

When we go away I try & eat SW friendly meals & use my syns on wine. I tend to buy pasta & potatoes which I find are a good filler for all meals, then just add veggies & meat, but my meals on holidays tend to be all samey as I don't like to spend too much & I don't like waste.

What would you normally use your syns on?

As Jen said try & have something SW friendly for when you get home, for me I get right back on SW at the first opportunity, not the next day, but the next meal.

Hi Rach
I'd try and make sure there's sw friendly stuff waiting for you at home like Jen said!
You could also take treats with you that you know the syn value of- certain chocs/biscuits that are low syn so you can keep track.
Also while you are away you could try some new recipes, so it feels like you mixed it up a bit!
If you struggle to get back on the wagon (like me) try not to fall off it too spectacularly! I think damage limitation is more effective the sooner you can draw a line under any blips and get back on plan
lastly, if you are in nice surroundings, make the most of them! Get out walking :) good for the body and mind!
Happy hols xx

Thanks, I don't tend to drink much, so use more syns on snacks and sweet treats or a bit of extra dairy. Will try and plan a bit more than I would normally. Thanks fit the help!

I am watching this as I go away soon too and would like a few ideas! I did think about taking the slow cooker and using that for a couple of meals.
Is it worth preparing a few bits before you go? We went to a caravan last year and I made a spag bol and my mum made a curry then we just cooked the pasta & rice on the night :)

Thats a good plan, would probably help as we are staying in the middle of nowhere! Has anyone got any tips for eating out?

Back