Holiday - SS? Advice needed please!

Latina Inglesa

Hello everyone, I hope I'm allowed to post this on here, if not then please let me know and I'll move it or maybe someone can move it on my behalf?

Basically I am going on hols (to West Sussex) for a week in the middle of May.

I know that when you are on SS you are supposed to have a week in every 4/5(?) where you move up to one of the other plans...not too sure about all of this.

My question is...as I will be due to do just that around my holiday, is it easier to go away and SS so that there is no temptation etc. Or is it easier to do one of the other plans (which I assume requires a lot of weighing out etc).

We are self catering but I assume that some restaurants will be visited. I am committed to sticking to CD 100%, I just wondered if anyone had any experience of going away and either being on SS or one of the others.

Plus, which of the other plans do you have to move onto during your 'break' week...and do you have to have this 'break' week?

I really hope that some of this makes sense to at least someone lol.

Thanks in advance...

No, you can stay on SS for 12 weeks before you come off (read the booklet!) - then you have to do SS+ for a while before returning to SS, if you need to.

As long as you take all your CD paraphernalia with you, you should be fine! :)

Hi Hun,

I went on hol and as it was my 12th week I actually did my 810 week, and preferred it that way, as I was able to have a small meal in the evening with my fiance, and also his family when they came up, I was also able to go to a couple of restaurants providing I picked correctly from the 810 menu (all in the book). I went to Center Parcs (and just for the record my son came back with gastroenteritis from one of the restaruants as did my fiance, so there is one restaurant I would avoid anyone going there!) - I also exercised a lot that week, and did keep to plan, and did lose weight. I guess it's up to you really. You could SS while away, as it's still early in the plan for you, but it's whether you think you would cheat if you went away thinking you would SS and then not, or would you be better going away with 810 in mind, and allowing yourself those small meals for the week?

Thank you for your replies, I accidentally put the booklets in the envelope with my form for the Dr to sign and when I got the form back they weren't in there any more!

I keep forgetting to ask my CDC for new copies, hopefully I will remember on Thursday. For some reason my memory told me that you could only do SS for 4 weeks and if you wanted to, you could do 12 in a row but only with Dr's consent?

Anyway, I will get another booklet and look it up for myself as you suggested.

I will carry on with SS during my holiday then, I haven't felt at all tempted yet (only on week 3 though) so hopefully I will be ok :)

Thanks again...

Back