Holiday time :o)

targetforever

The summer is almost here...(ha ha) and most people will be going on thier hols - including me, this Saturday in fact and I'm very excited because I know I'm going to want eat just what I want and enjoy it! But, there is one thing that will stop me doing this, and having a large gain the week after - the fact I've been at target for 2 years now and I am so stuck in my healthy eating , food optimising ways that I can't go back to how I used to eat, it's the same as being stuck in a way of unhealthy eating, you can't see a way out. But having food optimising come naturally - I can exercise my power of choice!

( Probably bit of a babble but I'm sure someone understands what on earth I'm on about:confused::p!)

You probably need someone who has maintained to answer this post, but I have life experience if not SW maintenance experience so I'll give it a go! I think this is about acceptance, forgiveness, allowing yourself time off and ultimately responsibility. Accept that the gain will happen, forgive yourself for that because we all need time off, and be responsible for getting back to target afterwards. I have a long way to go, but I know I won't do it if I can't have days, or weeks off for a holiday, I accept that and believe for the first time in years that I can cope with the gains that might mean if the long term goal is still in the back of my mind. Enjoy your hols xx

Even naturally slim people will have a gain over holiday periods, the key is to start eating healthily again as soon as you return.
Yes, you will make healthy choices but I think part of a holiday is allowing yourself a treat, it's a case of keeping the extras to a minimum but not going without.

Whatever works for you, but a gain after a holiday is a given in my book!!!!

I am in a blind panic about going on holiday. I'm going to Salou with friends, which is going to be extremely difficult to control alcohol syns but I'm more worried about the food tbh...I don't know that the places we'll be eating will be overly SW friendly tbh. It'll be the typical little English pubs etc. Eeeek! Then 2 days after I'm back I'm off to Florida, the theme parks promote McDonalds within an inch of their lives...I've planned to make packed lunches each day but I'm just so worried that temptation will take over. I'm worried that if I get 'fat' again I won't get back on the wagon :S aaaaaah!

I'm in the middle of an extended holiday at the moment and had previously been quite worried about gaining. I've been trying to stick to plan as close as possible for breakfast and lunch, then relax a little at dinner. Trying not to drink too much alcohol as then the floodgates will really open! I brought some of my favourite green tea with me, as well as some Green & Black's 15g chocolate bars for when I need a controlled sugar hit. Snacking on fresh fruit, drinking loads of water and lots of walking seems to be working - I've been doing daily runs on the beach as well to burn some extra calories.

Back