Holiday v. Staycation

Blingbabe

Back On Track!
Hello all

I thought it would be nice to chat about the cheery:) topic of holidays, and day trips.
This might be my first year in a while that I haven't as yet had a holiday. Last year I went to Egypt and the Isle of Wight but so far no holidays (apart from weekend stays in New Forest -twice, and Walton-on-the Naze once). A friend up in Manchester initially wanted to do a long weekend in Venice but it now looks as if she will buy a place with her boyfriend, so Cal needs her savings. I tend to do a trip each year with a couple of friends at work but nothing has been set up yet (ah...poor me, lol!) Maybe Istanbul near Christmas?
But I have enjoyed day trips, on Tuesday my best mate and I have booked leave and going to Sandringham for the day, then Brighton on Wednesday.
What are folks planning - and is anybody also discovering/re-discovering relatively nearby attractions?

We've got our holiday to Kenya coming up in just over 6 weeks :D More locally, we're hoping to go to the local Dorset Steam Fair next weekend. We've never been before.

Sounds good to me, I have never been to Africa other than a one day trip from Spain to Morocco, where I got a proposal from the tour guide!
I used to have a boyfriend that was a railway and transport enthusiast (as well as working for a rail company as an electrical engineer) so we went to the Bluebell Railway in Sussex. I thought I wouldn't enjoy it but I had a great time.
Its just dawned on me that I read a newspaper article about burglaries taking place after people revealed their holiday plans on Facebook, so please don't feel obliged to identify when you are going away.

Back