Holidays?

downsizeme

What do you do when you go on holiday? DO you stop taking the tablets and start again when you get back or carry on with the diet as usual?

I am going to Vegas next month and really do want to eat but don't want to undo all of my good work between now and then!

It's a personal choice. I don't get away very often so this year when we were going I stopped the tablets, ate what I wanted and lived with the damage when I got back. Maybe if I went away more often I wouldn't do this but apart from anything else I didn't want to spend my holiday dealing with side effects!

KB

i have stopped the tablets over any holidays... its better to have enjoyed your holiday and deal with the gain or what not, than to have spent most of the time on the toilet or too scared to get out of the hotel room.

I'm new to the tablets so can't really advise you on them but I just wanted to say you're going to one of my favourite places! I'm very jealous!! Vegas is not really a good place to be on a diet, there's so much yummy food and drink surrounding you 24/7 and the portions are huuuuuge. Where are you staying? I wish I could go back there but I've just had a baby so it will be a while before I can go back :-( xx

I always stop my tablets when I go away. For me, eating is part of having a good time, and I know I'd feel deprived if I couldn't have what I wanted on holiday.
It is personal choice though...and I suppose what I need to learn is that there is a middle ground...that it's possible to stop taking the tablets and have a little of what I fancy, without being a complete pig at every meal (this is something I need to work on though!) :D

Thanks for your advice. Think I will stop for the week I'm away - porbably a couple of days before hand (If I lose enough weight for my dr to give me more).

i love diamonds - we are going with our kids so are just behind the strip, behind MGM grand I think, in an apartment complex. Have wanted to go for years and have finally convinced DP that eloping is the right thing to do!

I got back from my holidays this week and before I went I asked my doc about it. I stopped taking the tablets, and ate pretty well on holiday. I gained 6lbs (I was away 2 weeks), and I'm back on the diet now. The doc told me to leave it 4 weeks from when I get back before I go in again to be weighed, to give me chance to loose any weight I've gained.

xxx

Back