Homemade Cheeseburger

sunshine86

Hi everyone,

I have just attempted to work out a recipe I make into ProPoints, I hope I have it right as I wanted to share it with you. This makes 4 burgers and is so simple you wouldn't believe.

1lb mince (I use turkey, as it is less fatty and doesn't shrink as much as beef when cooking. Pork is also good for this reason!)
1 onion, as finely chopped as you can be bothered! My family quite like chunky pieces of onion in them, which is good as I suck at chopping.
Seasonings - black pepper is a must, I also like a pinch of chilli powder or cayenne pepper for a bit of heat.

Top with 20g cheese and sit ontop of a bit of salad in a nice barm (bun/bap/whatever you non-Lancashire people wanna call them), and I have this down as around 12 ProPoints. I cook them on a geroge foreman grill, so I would imagine that the points might drop as some of the fat drains away, but there is no way on this earth I'm gonna try and figure that out haha.

You might notice in a lot of recipes they add egg and breadcrumbs to the mixture, I used to do this, but forgot once whilst making them in a sleep-deprived stupor, and couldn't tell the difference, and I've made them like this ever since. These are usually added to help hold the burger together, but this isn't necessary on a george foreman. If you don't have one, put them on a baking sheet under the grill so they don't fall through the bars.

sunshine86 said:
a nice barm (bun/bap/whatever you non-Lancashire people wanna call them)

Roll, teacake, cob....

I say barm because I an originally from Wigan. People here in Yorkshire look at me daft when I ask for a 'bacon barm' :-D

A teacake is what they mostly say here. A teacake to me has currants in for toasting!

Back