Homemade chips??

1pp per 50g weight raw potato. I usually use around 200g for a few wedges on the side of my dinner if I'm craving it... yum.

Thanks girls. Guess what im having for dinner tonight now x

I weigh them after I've peeled them (assuming you're gonna peel them) because then I'm making sure I have my weights right ;). A tsp of oil over them is nice if you can bear to count the pp for it... or just use frylight spray lol! I make spicy wedges by putting some "all-season" spice mix over them too... mmm... craving carby wedges now :p x

I weigh them after I've peeled them (assuming you're gonna peel them) because then I'm making sure I have my weights right ;). A tsp of oil over them is nice if you can bear to count the pp for it... or just use frylight spray lol! I make spicy wedges by putting some "all-season" spice mix over them too... mmm... craving carby wedges now :p x

Mmmmmm might try that too. Is it nearly dinner time :)

azwethinkweiz said:

Oh cant wait hehe

Hahaha... Nothing like a yummy loada chips!! ;) x

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Hahaha... Nothing like a yummy loada chips!! ;) x

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

I know and last wk my hubby had them (the dirty fried ones ) with steak for dinner and i was so proud not to give in , i never thought of doing them in the oven so will be looking forward to them tonight x x

Oh they are yummy in the oven.. give them 25 mins or so in a hot oven... lovely jubbly!!! I had "fish + chip" the other night and it only equated to 12pp... far cry from a takeaway propoints! ;)

Oh they are yummy in the oven.. give them 25 mins or so in a hot oven... lovely jubbly!!! I had "fish + chip" the other night and it only equated to 12pp... far cry from a takeaway propoints! ;)

Thanks a mill will try tat tonight. Ill let you know how i get on x

Well mine were delicious yummy lol :)

Oh so were mine . So much better than the oven chips i but. Thanks CIarab for asking the question x

Do you par boil the chips before putting them in the oven?

No i just put them in at 200 for about 20/25 mins. I sprayed them with frylite. They were gorgeous x

Ps thats a great idea though. Will try that next time x x

Thanks, as i only have chips once a week i just deep fat fry them along with the families, but i really should start putting mine in the oven, save a few pp.

Yes I parboil them for about 10 minutes usually, drain them and put a sprinkle of cayenne pepper on and a little salt and a spray of oil and leave for about 25 mins, turn them during this time and they are lovely.

Back