Homemade Lamb doner kebab... would this be free on red?

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
I used to have this on the no count on weight watchers and it really does taste like a doner kebab and was thinking of doing it at some point with HEX SW chips?
What do you think?
Would it be free on red?

DONER SPICED MEATLOAF

Ingredients;
1 lb minced lean lamb
3 tsp dried mint
2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp mint sauce OR 1 tbs chopped fresh mint
1 tsp garlic granules OR 1-2 cloves crushed garlic
1 tsp onion salt OR ½ a small onion minced
½ tsp sea salt
Generous grind of black pepper

Oven Temp: Moderately hot / 375F / 190 / Gas 5

Method;
Put everything in a food processor if you want it ground finely for a smoother texture or just mix it all very well by hand. If you don’t have a processor get the butcher to mince the meat twice or just knead the meat mixture with your hands until the texture smoothes out.

Form into a rough loaf shape and place onto a rack stood in a baking pan. If the lamb is really lean you don’t need to do this. Bake in the middle of the oven for about an hour. It is quite a dense loaf so it must cook all the way thorough. I sometimes cook it in a loaf tin or shape into burgers and grill them.

Could serve it sliced on a pitta with salad

I would say that would be free :/

jmo tho :/
x

sounds really nice... which I could get decent mince over here.... I do have a mincer... but somewhere in the cellar ... (have another house packed up down there lol)

Pitta always gets me... if you look under pitta it is one then if you look under the indian it is another ???

But will look for mincer or go buy another when back is better! Thanks for sharing.

If you're struggling for lean mince Treats I posted a syn free gyros recipe earlier yesterday which always satisfies my kebab cravings (I'm not a fan of the processed doner variety as it holds too much grease). It's under the "Craving a Kebab" thread I started and includes a tzatziki recipe. For pittas I always count 7.5. Hope this helps x
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/65222-craving-kebab.html

This has become a best meal of the week dish. Made it and OH loved it from the start so now I double up the recipe and we put it cold into wraps with salad and chilli sauce to take to work for lunch. Thank you for this recipe even my fussy 15yr old daughter sneaks handfuls of it whilst I am slicing it up turn my back for 2 seconds to look back to find no daughter and no sliced meat on the plate!

Have just made this and have to say that it was the best syn free meal ever! Had it with syn free SW chips, salad and garlic mayo (extra light). Thank you!

Back