Honest Opinion Needed

Happy Holidays

Gold Member
I know I'll get a good variety of answers to my question that's one of the reasons for posting this.

My daughter is 21, lives alone & has been single since March. She said she just wants to have fun & isn't interested in another long term relationship.

Anyway a few weeks ago she met an Irish lad the same age as her, he is here working until Christmas & then goes back to Ireland, she is fine with this as it fits in with her.

My question is, he is going to Ireland in a couple of weeks for the weekend & has asked her to go with him, she is undecided, she wants to go as she has never been. She is sensible won't put up with any messing & has already stayed over his house here.

I know she will look after herself & don't really see what the difference is if she spends the weekend with him here or in Ireland.

What are your thoughts?

Why not go? She knows the time is limited so no unrealistic expectations. :)

I agree with all the above comments. As she knows her time with him is potentially limited I think it would be a shame for her not to take the opportunity to go with him to Ireland. You never know, she might decide she wants to be with him for longer, so it might be a good idea for her to scout out his home town :) xx

Last edited:
I agree with everybody else. Life really is too short, she should go and have fun and enjoy it. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out but it won't be the end of the world and at least she knows she gave it a try. Sometimes you have to take a risk I think x

She sounds like a sensible girl and as the others have said - life is too short. She does right for wanting to have fun and enjoy herself. I'd say go for it!

I have only been to Ireland once - Dublin on a college trip. I loved it and would definitely go back. She will have a great time :)

Back