HOODIA

Discussion in 'Nutrition, Health & Beauty' started by Laura 67, 17 January 2007 Social URL.

1. Laura 67

Laura 67 Member

Diet:
    paula mckenna
    HIYA JUST WANDERING HAS ANY 1 TRIED THIS AND DOES IT WORK ? :) :rolleyes:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. B-D

B-D Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    have done in the past. three different brands. didn't work. Then i got a bloody expensive prescription suppressant which worked and gave me sleepless nights.

4. B-D

B-D Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    just went to check. it's called reductil. causes insomnia. and palpitations.

5. akeli_uk

akeli_uk akeli_uk

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet & Slimming World
    Has anyone taken hoodia along side thier diet?

theres lots of info on the net about it. They say it works as long as you buy the "pure" version!!

god knows!!

theres so much on the net to buy! dnt know which actually works!!

x

6. cah-ching

cah-ching Gold Member

Nah it doesn't work. I have a packet of the stuff which I don't use now.
    Just sheer bloody mindedness and determination works I'm afraid.

7. shellyamber

shellyamber Full Member

Diet:
    meal replacement
  8. Lesleyfx

Lesleyfx Flutytooty

Me too unfortunatly... tried it for a week ..... really should know better... no such thing as a magic answer..... just have to reduce intake and increase exercise!

9. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Never heard of them.

10. lindylou

lindylou Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I bought some pure hoodia off the internet last year. I lost 40 pounds - or should I say £40 !! They made no difference to my weight at all - if it sounds too good to be true then it usually is!! :sigh:

11. uptowndoll

uptowndoll Member

Diet:
    low fat meals, exercising weekly
    I've been taking Hoodia for over a month now. It isn't going to make you loose weight. It does help CURB your appetite. I use the "Hoodia Diet Sense" with every meal I eat. And then drink tons of water. It does help me where I don't have as many cravings. But don't expect a miracle. :)

12. margaret29

margaret29 New Member

Gah. Didn't work for me.

13. Big H

Big H Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(19.82%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I am a big sceptic of all of these kind of things, but I did find that Hoodia supressed my appetite - the problem is that being hungry was not my problem, I still eat when I am full, becuase I have serious issues with food - thus Hoodia didn't work for me!

I have done lots of research on Hoodia and have found that very few places offer PURE Hoodia. If you look at the small print on most versions you will only be getting 25mg of pure Hoodia in a 400mg tablet. The rest is lots of different suppressants.

If you do buy any. Makes sure it is pure Hoddia Gordonio - from the stem and that the company has a C.I.T.E.S certificate - if they can't offer one, then the pills are not pure.

I definitely wouldn't take any pills while on SS and effectively with an empty stomach!

14. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    I tried Hoodia last year and I did find it suppressed my appetite for the first week or so and then I seemed to adjust to it. Typical!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.