Hopeless

lucysmommy

Gold Member
Seriously doubting my ability at cal counting. I am hopeless at the weekend and its all because I let myself get too hungry but it's hard not to get hungry on 1200 cals and no time to exercise

Any advice or any tactics that people use would be most helpful x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

why do 1200 and starve when you can lose on 1530 and be happy with motivation. I sure as hell could not manage 1200 sure you lose more weiht but I would mch perfer to lose a steadily and consist 1lb per week and be happy then miserable trying to hurry the race!

Hi Lucysmommy, I'd say try fiddling around with the diet until you find something that works, so maybe try increasing your daily cals by 100-200 cals or giving yourself one or 2 planned nights off per week where you can eat something that you've been missing.

I agree with TT. I too struggle at 1,200 cals. I bump it up to 1,400. In theory you could argue it takes longer to lose the weight, but I think it reduces the times you go off plan and fall off the wagon, so I doubt it actually makes any difference, time wise.

Try "zig-zagging" :) If you google that it will bring up plenty of information on it! Basically, you need to change your intake of calories every 3-4 days to keep your body guessing and never getting used to the same amount of calories. So for example Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursday you can eat 1200-1300 cals then Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays eat 1500-1600 and Mondays go back to lower again. There are lots of tools online as well which calculate how many calories you need for zig-zagging (depending on your weight etc.)

Good luck! x

you could try having handy things to snack on. I've just bought a tin of WW chicken noodle soup and its only 51 cal for the whole tin, the other flavours range from about 90 to 150 cal.

I think the moment you start doubting whether you can do this is the moment it goes down hill, so allow youself a set number of extra cals and if you need them use them and if you don't don't.

Good luck xx

I honestly think that anything 1500 cals a day is low... For maintenance I eat around 1700-1800 cals and when I was in weight loss mode I used to eat 1500 cals. When I went lower than that (around 1200) I eventually ended up binging after a few days :/

So, try to up your intake to 1500-1600 cals a day, you won't lose weight so fast but you'll feel better and on the long run you're still losing ;)

x

Hi there!
I agree with keeping your cals to 1500/1600. I have found you can lose weight, not feel starving and still have treats on this amount so you don't actually feel like you are dieting.

I did 1200 calories for a fortnight & didn't lose a flaming thing! I've been having 1500 lately & lost 3lbs the 1st week & 1lb the next. Definitely better than depriving yourself!

Back