Discover Hoping to become a slim bridesmaid! :)

Wednesday 31st:
Breakfast:

2 oatibix with rice milk (3.5)

Lunch:

Home-made leek & potato soup (.5) with 1 slice toast (1)
Cup of tea

Dinner:

Chili con carne with rice, mushrooms & kidney beans (8.5)

Snacks:

Options sachet (.5)
Treat-size crunchie bar (2)
3 jelly sweets (1)
3 rice-cakes (1)

Total points: 18/18

Happy halloween everyone! :)

Last edited:
My mum had loads of chocolate & sweets in for halloween and we've had hardly any children around trick or treating - kind of wishing now that I'd had a dinner with less points so I could have had a bit more of the chocolate! :)

Today is going ok...although I stupidly had 2 alpen lights when I was driving this morning. I wasn't even hungry, it was just mindless eating while I was driving along listening to my audiobooks - I must remember to leave my food bag in the boot anymore! I'm away today until Sunday on work again so hopefully I can stick to my points - its so hard when on the go!

Thursday 1st November: (eeeekk, can't believe it's already November!!)
Breakfast:

2 oatibix with rice milk (3.5)

Snack:
2 alpen lights (2.5)

Lunch:
Melon bowl from tesco (2) - shouldn't have got this as I had tonnes of fruit in my food bag and an apple/banana would have been less points!
Low cal quick soup (.5)
Strawberry Porridge pot (2.5)

Dinner:
Chinese-vegetable chow mein (3) (aka, water with some noodles & veg - worst chinese ever!)
Diet fanta (0)

Snacks:

Carrot sticks (0)
2 clementines (.5)
Alpen light (1)

Total points: 15.5/15 - was meant to stick to 15 today to make up for yesterday but I'll have to make up the other 1/2 point another day. I could cut out the quicksoup but the b&b I'm in is freeeeeezing (I'm sitting in the bed while writing this with a hot water bottle and my hands and nose are still like ice!) so I need it to warm me up!

Last edited:
1 1/2lbs gone. Yey!!! :) Only 1 3/4lbs left to my first stone gone...hope I get there next week!

Yay!! Well done on the loss Sparkles! Keeping my fingers crossed for you for that 1st "stepping" stone.. :fingerscrossed: ... :D
Must be very hard to keep things on a good level when you are so busy travelling etc. Hope it doesn't prove too hard for you. Just try to keep your goal in mind hey?

Emmaline said:
Yay!! Well done on the loss Sparkles! Keeping my fingers crossed for you for that 1st "stepping" stone.. :fingerscrossed: ... :D
Must be very hard to keep things on a good level when you are so busy travelling etc. Hope it doesn't prove too hard for you. Just try to keep your goal in mind hey?

Thanks so much Emmaline. It's unlikely I will get to that stepping stone next week (unless I get up off my ass and do some exercise!) but hopefully I'll get there soon anyway! :) Ya, sticking to plan can be very hard while I'm travelling. I'm getting better at it though (for the most part)! Thanks for the support & hope you're feeling better this morn x

hi hun how you doing??

iv had a mad couple of days so just catching up really xx

hi hun how you doing??

iv had a mad couple of days so just catching up really xx

Aw, thanks for checking in! :) Going ok...had a couple of dodgy days at the weekend but pulled it back together & lost 1 1/2 lbs so I was delighted with that. Hoping for my 1 stone loss next week or the week after. Feel my willpower waning a bit but trying my best to keep it together & not to fall off the healthy eating bandwagon! :) Away again today until Sunday so I'm going to have a lot of temptation to avoid again!! Hope you're getting on ok x

Oh my god, the b&b I'm staying in is so bloody cold. I have a cardigan & hoody on, 2 pairs of socks, a hot water bottle, & I'm sitting on the bed under the covers and I am still absolutely freezing!!!! Got a veg.chow mein for dinner but it was the most disappointing chinese takeaway I've ever gotten. I'd say about half the container was just water. So it was basically flavoured water with a few noodles & bits of veg thrown in. I'm starving now cause there was so little in it but have used up all my points, so I'm snacking on carrot sticks. So tempted to use up 1/2 point on a cup of hot chocolate/quicksoup, but I really don't want to use anymore points. Brrrrrrrr!!!!

Tomorrow's going to be a funny day as I have a lot of driving to do. Don't want to end up eating takeaway food so I'm going to try & plan ahead.

Friday 2nd:
Breakfast:
2 poached eggs & 1 toast (3.5)

Lunch:
Apple (.5)
Strawberry porridge pot (2.5)
Alpen light (1)
Options drinking chocolate (.5)

Dinner:
Weight watchers microwaveable meal - will have to stop at the shop to get one in the evening (staying with my brother tomorrow night so will have a microwave - yey!) so I'm not sure yet of the points. Hopefully will find something with a max of 6 points.

Snacks:
Quicksoup (.5)
Carrot sticks (0)
Pepsi max (0)
3 rice cakes (1)
Banana (1.5)

Total points: 17(?)/ 17

Hi hun well done on the weight loss and for sticking it iv had a crappy few days but ill pull it back after Sat hope you have a nice couple of days away. Is it work?x

sarahloub1 said:
Hi hun well done on the weight loss and for sticking it iv had a crappy few days but ill pull it back after Sat hope you have a nice couple of days away. Is it work?x

Yep, its for work again..boring! Ya, I only spotted that after I'd asked how you were getting on. You poor thing, hope your week picks up x

Oh my god, the b&b I'm staying in is so bloody cold. I have a cardigan & hoody on, 2 pairs of socks, a hot water bottle, & I'm sitting on the bed under the covers and I am still absolutely freezing!!!! Got a veg.chow mein for dinner but it was the most disappointing chinese takeaway I've ever gotten. I'd say about half the container was just water. So it was basically flavoured water with a few noodles & bits of veg thrown in. I'm starving now cause there was so little in it but have used up all my points, so I'm snacking on carrot sticks. So tempted to use up 1/2 point on a cup of hot chocolate/quicksoup, but I really don't want to use anymore points. Brrrrrrrr!!!!

Ooh! Poor you! Can just feel that cold old room...and not having anything much to eat won't be helping matters either. Bravo you for sticking to the diet under such conditions... enough to drive one to drink!!.. :party0016:

I got a migraine last night so feeling like crap today...always sucks feeling unwell when away from home! :( Have a feeling today is going to be a bad food day. I'm not going to stress about my points too much today though and will just try to be good the rest of the week to make up for it!

Ended up going slightly over my points yesterday by accident. I was on the go the whole day and doing lots of driving so I didn't fill in my food diary until the eve.

Thursday 2nd:
breakfast: 2 poached eggs and I toast (2.5)

Lunch:
Porridge pot (2.5)
Options (.5)
Sweets (1)
Kinder bar (2)

Was at a friends house for lunch and she had garlic bread, pizza, sweets, chocolate cake, etc...so I think I did well at lunch time!

Snacks (on my drive home - I was starving but didn't want to get takeaway dinner):
Alpen light ;1)
Banana (1.5)
Skips (1.5)
Carrots (0)
3 rice cakes (1)

Dinner:
Weight watchers cottage pie (6)

Total points: 19.5/18

Last edited:
Think I'm going to have a bit of a day off. I've been asleep all afternoon as I'm still feeling unwell, and I'm now really craving salty crisps and a can of coke. My brother is also making dinner for me tonight so I'm going to have to eat whatever is made for me (which I'm pretty sure won't be low in points) and then he is also bringing me to the cinema so I might get a small popcorn (if I'm well enough to go). I will try to be good for the rest of the week but if I can't, I can live with a STS/small gain this week, as I just really haven't the energy today to be stressing over points!

Emmaline said:
Ooh! Poor you! Can just feel that cold old room...and not having anything much to eat won't be helping matters either. Bravo you for sticking to the diet under such conditions... enough to drive one to drink!!.. :party0016:

Thanks for the encouragement Emmaline. I definitely wrote a reply to this the other day but oddly it doesn't seem to have sent. Hope you're doing ok x

Thanks Emmaline. I had a lovely evening. Staying with my brother and his fiancé and they made me dinner, then we went to the cinema to see the new James abon movie and I treated myself to a small popcorn and a little pick n mix. Was nice to chill out for the eve. Will be going home tomorrow so should get a chance to properly update my food diary the. Hope your weekend is going ok?

Back