Discover Hoping to become a slim bridesmaid! :)

sarahloub1 said:
Ahhhhhh just bad choices x

Same here! My brother is home for the weekend so my mum has been doing loads of baking and cooking...I can't resist all the temptation!! :( Going away tomorrow morning though until Tuesday so hopefully will be properly back on plan then!!

your going away?? x

sarahloub1 said:
your going away?? x

Just on work. Back again Tuesday. Will be stuck in a b&b for the day so at least I'll be away from temptation! :)

ahhh man oh well hope it goes ok for you xx

ahhh man oh well hope it goes ok for you xx

Thanks Sarah. I'm bored already & I'm hungry and want to eat nice things. Going to have to try and avoid the shops today or I know I could end up having a serious binge!

So yesterday turned out a bit disastrously, I just couldn't muster up any willpower in the evening. My brother and his finacee were home for the weekend so there was so much nice food around, and because it was a bank holiday, there was lots of lazing around and I just couldn't resist all the nice stuff!! So here's how yesterday ended up:

Sunday 28th:
Breakfast:
2 oatibix with rice milk & a banana (5)

Dinner:
Chicken in tomato & black pepper marinade, mashed carrot & turnip, peas, mashed potato & some pepper sauce (6)
Dessert - 2 crushed mini meringues, 1 crushed oreo biscuit, tiny bit of icecream & coulis (2.5)

Snacks (throughout the day - was grazing all day!):
Options drinking chocolate (.5)
Alpen light (1)
Caramel biscuit (1.5)
Oreo biscuit (1)
Some cooked ham (1.5)
Small taste of quiche (1)
Walkers baked crisps (1.5)
Banana bread (2.5) - total guestimate!
6 squares of milka daim (3)

Total points: 27/18

I did actually have 3.5 points left over Saturday that I wasn't planning on carrying over, but I am now. So that leaves 5.5 points that I need to save up across today & Tuesday to get me within my weekly points!

I'm sooooooooooooooo mad at myself for eating so much crap - especially after doing the same the day before too - and I'm worried that it might be a slippery slope as I have serious cravings for chocolate, etc... today now too!! :cry: I felt absolutely horrible last night though & had to get up during the night and this morning for the loo (had to take tablets this morn for my tummy as I was going on a long drive & was freaked out that I'd need the toilet on the way!). It's really affected my mood too as I'm feeling really down in the dumps today and I'm really bloated so I'm having one of those days where the mirror is not my friend.

Oh well, I'll just have to try & do my best to get back on track, and do better next week if I gain/STS this week!

Monday 29th:
Breakfast:
2 oatibix with rice milk (3.5)

Lunch:
2 slices of gluten-free bread with ham (3.5)

"Dinner":

Strawberry porridge pot (2.5)
Banana (1.5)

Snacks:

Skips (1.5)
Apple (.5)
3 salt & vinegar rice-cakes (1)

Total points: 14
(Which means I just have 1.5 points to make up tomorrow!) :)

Feeling very tired & down in the dumps today - I'm feeling really teary for no real reason. Hopefully I'll be back to myself tomorrow! :)

Ahhh no big hugs hope your feeling better soon xxxx

iv had a better day think i have a hold on things again

your food looks good just remember to keep focused xxx

iv had a better day think i have a hold on things again

your food looks good just remember to keep focused xxx

Thanks Sarah. My day actually picked up too. Managed to stick to my 14 points so feeling positive about getting back on track from the weekend. I also did out a meal plan for all of next week as I'm going to be away again Thurs-Sun/Mon, so I'm feeling really focused again! :)

lisi said:
Hey hun :D

I'm following the same plan - old weight watchers points. Suits me a lot better than pro points as I just could not get my head round it x x

Great to see someone following the old plan too, will def be checking out your diary! :)

Last edited:
Having a good day today! :) Although I've just had dinner and feeling very heavy & bloated after it!

Tuesday 30th: (so far)
Breakfast:

2 poached eggs and 1 toast (3.5) & small glass OJ (.5)

Snacks:
Packet of skips (1.5)
2 mini meringues (.5)
Oreo biscuit (1)

Lunch:
Bowl of homemade leek & potato soup (.5)
Tea & slice banana bread (2.5)

Dinner:
Homemade stew (carrots, celery, mushrooms) with cornflour (1) and 2 potatoes (2)

Tea:
1 slice gluten-free toast with 1/4 pot of choc philidelphia (2)
Banana (1.5)

Total points: 16.5/16.5

If I stick to 16.5 today, I'll have brought myself back within my allowed points for the week. WI in the morn. Really hoping for a loss!!

Last edited:
Great menu!
So many peeps having stew so bought some stewing beef yesterday to make some myself, only trouble is I forgot to buy the veg as well! Ended up with beef and onion, then added a tin of processed peas and did some dumplings... not too bad but missing something!!? ... :D

I've never actually tasted dumplings. That sounds good though! :) I actually for some reason only like beef if it's mince (think it's the texture of lumps of beef) so I only ever eat the veg in stew so it usually ends up being pretty low in points! It's one of my fave dinners, especially now that the weather is getting colder!

I just remembered that I had taken some before photos a couple of months ago as I'd planned to take a weekly photo with weigh in so I could visually track my losses. I have them hidden in an app on my iPad as I'm in my underwear. They were actually taken a few weeks before I'd started, and I had put on another 5lbs between taking the pics and starting properly. Yet I just took the same photos tonight and I'm visibly slimmer in them (and I'm feeling bloated this eve!)! :) I'm still bulging in all the wrong places but the bulges are definitely decreasing! :) So I'll focus on that if I'm not happy with my WI result in the morning and hopefully it will help keep me motivated on days I am struggling! :)

My mum has workers in doing up her sitting room today so I think dinner is probably going to be thrown together today as they are in & out of the whole house. I'm really determined though that I'm not going to go over my 18 points any day this week as I would really like to make it to my 1 stone loss next Wednesday!!

On a mission now to get below the 10stones by Christmas - 7 weigh ins & about 10lbs to lose, so it should be achievable! The only thing that's really bugging me is that my tummy doesn't really seem to be going down much - it's still a lot bigger than it ever was at 10st 9 when I was on the way up, and none of my clothes are starting to fit me yet. Any tips for losing weight on my tummy? Guess I'm going to have to start getting some exercise in?!

Back