Hoping to change my life

ShedMasterZero

was DeepThought
Hello everyone. I'm about to start Exante and joined up in the hope that I can meet a few like-minded people to share the journey with.

After putting off losing weight for so long I've been feeling like it's too late. I'm already around half way through my life - if I'm lucky. Instead of feeling sorry for myself and putting it off any longer, I thought it would be better to do something about it - so that my feelings of regret are not fuelled by continuing to fail or do nothing.

I don't really know how much I want to lose, because it has been years since I was anywhere near being in shape. I would guess at somewhere between 4 and 6 stone. My priority at the moment is to get started though, as I'm sure things will become clearer as I progress.

After failing at other diets, I think that meal replacement might be a good thing for me. I chose Exante because it seems to be the best value for money. I just hope that I can make it work.

Welcome DeepThought :)

There is many of us like you here. And everyone is ready to help and support if needed. You will not be alone on your journey.
This diet is great. Not easy for a couple of first days but after this very short time you will feel great and lose a lot.

Don't wait any longer. You can do it!
I wish you good luck. :)

Hello and welcome to Exante Deepthought:) Well done on starting as thats always the hardest bit, i'm sure you will do fine, always lots of people on here going through exactly the same and always here for a friendly chat, advice or support, good luck xx

Yup.... dont waste a second longer.
The sooner you start losing, the sooner you can continue living :D
Marge
:D

Thank you for the nice replies.

From what I have read it seems to be a good idea to try and eat healthily for the week before starting. I didn't manage a whole week, but I have been good the past couple of days.

I have decided to start on Monday, as that will give me another 2 days of relatively healthy eating. I think my mind is in the right place now, as I am looking forward to starting.

Hi and welcome - don't forget that the healthier you get now, the longer your life will be! :)

Hi and welcome - don't forget that the healthier you get now, the longer your life will be! :)

I sure hope you are right, but I can't help thinking that the damage has already been done. Even if there is no damage as far as health is concerned, if we accept it or not, there is other damage done that still affects our lives.

Many people don't understand or accept the damage that is done to the body by being over weight. So even if someone does turn things around and change their lives for the better, they still have the signs of the past and many people are put of by such things.

Sorry, maybe I should leave it there. :(

I sure hope you are right, but I can't help thinking that the damage has already been done. Even if there is no damage as far as health is concerned, if we accept it or not, there is other damage done that still affects our lives.

Many people don't understand or accept the damage that is done to the body by being over weight. So even if someone does turn things around and change their lives for the better, they still have the signs of the past and many people are put of by such things.

Sorry, maybe I should leave it there. :(

I think when you get to a certain stage or age in your life, then yes, you do have many signs of your past that affect your present.
But these dont neccessary need to lead to bad or sad things :)
Sometimes they can just be a way of making us stronger for something else, that we may need to deal with :)
And, if such persons are put off by such things, are they really worth bothering about ?
:)
Sorry if thats a wee bit blunt, but, thats how I feel about such stuff :)
Marge

I think when you get to a certain stage or age in your life, then yes, you do have many signs of your past that affect your present.
But these dont neccessary need to lead to bad or sad things :)
Sometimes they can just be a way of making us stronger for something else, that we may need to deal with :)
And, if such persons are put off by such things, are they really worth bothering about ?
Sorry if thats a wee bit blunt, but, thats how I feel about such stuff :)
Marge

I do agree with you, but it just seems that there are so many people in the world that don't look beyond the exterior. It's easy to say that someone who doesn't understand isn't worth bothering with, but the reality is that it hurts very deeply.

I do agree with you, but it just seems that there are so many people in the world that don't look beyond the exterior. It's easy to say that someone who doesn't understand isn't worth bothering with, but the reality is that it hurts very deeply.

Yes, you are correct.
I have been subject to people not looking further than the exterior on alot of levels over a long number of years myself.
Yes it does hurt. Alot.
It also thickens the skin, and teaches you from a very early age to bury true feelings very deep. :eek:

Someone on this forum (sorry I cant remember who) has a signature similar to this ....
"Dieting is hard. Being overweight is hard. Choose your hard"

You have said, your mind is in the right place to start, which is excellent.
And, you are looking forward to starting.
That too is good :)
Both of these things really are half the battle to success. :)
I wish I had found this forum years ago.
It definatley keeps me going :D

Good luck
Marge
xxx
PS... sorry, I have a tendancy to witter on :eek:

hi Deep thought!
I too are a little older but who cares. I look forward not back; you cannot undo the past you can only shape and design the future you want.
I could morbidly dissect all of my past and deeply regret not tackling this years ago - but I didn't and I have now.
I wish you well and the delights of a new you. New clothes, bags full of large never to worn again enormous rubbish. New energy, new vigour and a new outlook on life. Get going, feel positive, think positive and your world just changes.
GSQ:D

It's the same concept as giving up smoking, I think. No matter when you give up, you are still prolonging your life :)

Thank you all very much for your nice replies. I was feeling a bit down last night, as you probably noticed. :eek:

Today is a new day and tomorrow the transition to my new life begins. :)

Today is a new day and tomorrow the transition to my new life begins. :)

Your transition has actually already started ;)
You have put things into place already to start tomorrow :D

yep, get on the train DeepThought! we are waiting for you! :)

I hope all goes well as you get started, it's an amazing journey and I've found is affecting more than just my weight, it's really been about discovering more of who I am and having the confidence to be that person. Good luck as you get started :)

Thank you all. Your kind and supportive comments helped me to make sure I started today. :)

How has your first day been so far ?

It's been fine so far thanks Marge. The water is going down well and the shakes seem quite filling. I forgot to put some ice in the freezer though. So I'm just about to do that now.

Back