Horrible Taste

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by creashor, 14 September 2007 Social URL.

1. creashor

creashor Member

Hi

Day 4 for me and its tough going. The worst thing is the horrible taste I have in my mouth. Please someone tell me that that does get better!

Cheers

Nick

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. janetljones

janetljones Full Member

Start Weight:
    27st7lb
    Current Weight:
    22st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(18.18%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Nick

The taste does get better, I promise.

I posted a similar question in my first week. Brush your teeth and tongue, use a mouthwash etc. it does help a little.

I'm at the end of week 3 now and don't have that taste any more, I'm not sure my breath is brilliant but it no longer bothers me:D

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Hi there,

I'm on day 9 - it gets better!
    Drink more water and the taste should go. If you find it difficult drinking so much water (I love it and it can still sometimes be a challenge) then try it really cold, or try drink half a litre as though you were really thirsty (big gulps rather than sipping it slowly) as it goes down better. However, be careful not to drink too much in a short space of time (1 litre an hour is a good amount but you wouldn't want to try to get down the day's worth in an hour ... not a good thing to do).

Hope it gets easier for you.

5. Mrs Depp

Mrs Depp Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.53%)
    Diet:
    Was on CD last year, lost 35lbs. I need to lose another 21 but haven't decided which diet to use yet
    Hi Nick, it sounds like you've got Ketosis breath :D A lot of people have used Gold Spot breath spray, that seems to help quite a bit. :D

6. Madam Mimm

Madam Mimm Full Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    The horrid taste & bad breath does get better. I had that too. My breath was worse than the dog's & that's saying something! Brush your teeth & tongue frequently. Also, my LLC recommends RetarDex mouthwash & breath spray. They helped me loads.

7. creashor

creashor Member

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies.

Cheers

Nick

8. octavia

octavia Full Member

I am now strangely comforted by the bad breath as it reassures me that I am indeed in ketosis and fat burning:)

9. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    It gets better to the extent that you completely forget about it! I think the bad taste had gone by week 4 and I asked a few people and no one noticed the breath after the first month.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.