hot shakes

tubbynomore

Gold Member
I am having some trouble mixing shakes hot! They tend to be all lumpy with floaty bits :yuk:

Do you mix them cold, shake them up and microwave them or what am I doing wrong?
I have tried a fork, a whisk, mixing a little cold then adding hot water. I don't want to zap out all the nutrients in the micro tho :(

:help2: :giveup:

Thanks, I didn't think microwaving was a good idea because of the vits.
I will have to get a frothy whisk thingy then. I'll have a look on ebay for a little battery one. xx

Ooh I think I'll get myself one of those too. Had a few problems with lumpy bits this morning - just had to sieve it through my teeth lol :p
x

Ooh I think I'll get myself one of those too. Had a few problems with lumpy bits this morning - just had to sieve it through my teeth lol :p
x

:eek: :D

I just made a hot chocolate shake to try and make it taste a bit nicer but no luck. It was also lumpy and I used my smoothie to go machine :[ my mum said I should try adding the powder into the water rather than pour the water onto the powder. I hope that makes a difference!

I just made a hot chocolate shake to try and make it taste a bit nicer but no luck. It was also lumpy and I used my smoothie to go machine :[ my mum said I should try adding the powder into the water rather than pour the water onto the powder. I hope that makes a difference!

I tried that (adding the powder to the water) and it made a definite difference, a lot less lumps!

I use my trusty hand blender for hot and cold shakes, I have used it for the soups as well when I used to have them. I have used a cheapie one but it wasnt very good.

Hand blender here too for my soups and shakes :)

Open top blender. Best thing ever ;-)

Don't close the lid or the hot pressure will burst. Just add 100ml of boiling water, power it 3 sec then add another 150ml and blend no more than 15s

Thank for your replies, I have a big blender will give that a go without the lid! I was worried about an explosion because of the heat but with less water it might work, thanks TW xx

250ml is the official amount of water for a shake.
The burst or explosion is caused by the heat pressure, so 250ml or 1litre will make no difference as long as you are not containing the hot liquid.
Open top and blend it

Hola, i use a 500ml shaker from maxitone website. I've found mixing the powder with some cold water in the shaker then pour into cup and add hot water. Took a couple to figure out the hot choc needs a good shake, those lumps are gross!

Back