Hot Tetra Packs

Minnie64

Think thin
Has anyone had these hot? Is it ok to zap them in the microwave without fear of losing the nutrients etc? Just thought would be nice hot
xxx

I usually pour half a choc tetra into a big mug and top it up with hot water from the kettle, to make a nice hot chocolate! Then I have the other half a bit later. Such a treat and goes a bit further :)

Haven't tried microwaving them though sorry! x

I usually pour half a choc tetra into a big mug and top it up with hot water from the kettle, to make a nice hot chocolate! Then I have the other half a bit later. Such a treat and goes a bit further :)

Haven't tried microwaving them though sorry! x

D'oh never thought of adding water:d'oh:
Going to give that a go in a bit and have the other half later.
Thanks for that
xxx

I wouldn't suggest microwaving them as I believe the inside of that packs are foil based to keep them fresh longer (or am I just being silly in thinking you were going to microwave it still in the pack???)

Great idea... hate these, and am stuck with 4 which will go out of date soon, so I'll give them a go as hot drinks. Thanks!!!

I wouldn't suggest microwaving them as I believe the inside of that packs are foil based to keep them fresh longer (or am I just being silly in thinking you were going to microwave it still in the pack???)

:8855:love it - absolute class! I was going to put the contents into a cup! Thanks for that Kelly
xxxx

just had half a tetra filled up with hot water. it's actually not bad! although it tastes quite weak. mind the tetras are quite thick. hmmm I can cope with this - thanks kellymundy. plus I can have another in a bit
xxx

I used to use choc tetras in a nice strong coffee, yummy yummy.xx

just had half a tetra filled up with hot water. it's actually not bad! although it tastes quite weak. mind the tetras are quite thick. hmmm I can cope with this - thanks kellymundy. plus I can have another in a bit
xxx
wasn't me that suggested it to you hun it was Sarette.

wasn't me that suggested it to you hun it was Sarette.

oops - see there goes this plan again!
sorry Sarette - thanks very much for the suggestion xx

I have them in a hot black coffee too, makes them last ages :)

owww i think ill have 1 hot later a choccy 1 sounds good... and kelly that really made me laugh i had visions of a tetra pack in the micro blowing up ... then choccy all ova the kitchen :8855::8855:xx

Thanks Sarette - great idea - going to try this tomorroww - especially it is so cold and it isn't easy making up shakes at work!!!

Sharon:):)

Back