Houmous on red day?

Nickinoonoo

I'm working off old books here. Is Houmous a healthy extra on red day? Some threads seem to give it as a b choice but my book seems to be only listed in b as a green day HE. Here's hoping because there's some in my fridge shouting at me to eat it! :D

Hummus is only a b choice on Green and you don't get much! But you can have 113g chickpeas on Red as a HEXB and make your own hummus. That wouldn't make much hummus though as a tin is nearly 3 times that, but you could share the hummus you make out over a couple of days.

Personally I wouldn't bother and Id only use it on Green and make it entirely free, (one of my recipes here but it's up to you depending on how much hummus you'd eat in one go (Me: the entire tub)

As it is there I'll eek it out over some green days and the kiddies lunch then. But I'll definitely make my own as I love the certain savouriness that houmous has - I would eat the whole tub given a chance with some veggie sticks. Thanks for the recipe.

Ooh love the look of your curry too. Amazingly I have all the spices except the hing (can't remember how to spell the other name for it!) and pickle. And i keep wanting to buy hing as seen loads of stuff i like the look of in my curry books, but forget each time I shop! I have a heaving spice cupboard as it is! :D Will try that recipe this week. Definitely.

Back